5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
June 22, 2017, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I'm all for giving new players the chance to impress and all that but, so close to the start of pre-season, I have to say that with what's left of last season's squad and what's been added, I don't quite get how we're planning to improve on last year. Are we going to sneak a couple of extra players on at kick-off and hope the ref doesn't notice?
Private Message
Kris2
June 22, 2017, 4:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
"I'm bored, I have no life beyond The Fishy and going to Grimsby Town games, why aren't we signing players so I can have something to do? When are we signing new players? The players we have are crap we need to sign a whole new team so I have something to talk about".

I think that covers the translation of the above.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
Abdul19
June 22, 2017, 5:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
The fact Slades hasn't bothered to sign anyone is for me typical Fenty cheap option.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
friskneymariner
June 22, 2017, 5:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Wasting your time too many happy clappers who won't hear a word said against Slade.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
Mariner93er
June 22, 2017, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Or maybe most people have the foresight to see that the season is over a month away, and signing the first bloke that comes available isn't the best option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
friskneymariner
June 22, 2017, 5:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er
Or maybe most people have the foresight to see that the season is over a month away, and signing the first bloke that comes available isn't the best option.

Neither as we have perpetually done for successive years starting the season with at least two key personnel short and saying we can make the points up later.Winners hit the ground running.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
grimsby pete
June 22, 2017, 5:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Lets see where we are at the end of the season and where Mansfield are,

Then we will know who was either right in waiting and getting the right men, ( hopefully )

OR

Signing the first 12 that came along so the boss could go away on a long holiday.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
Grim74
June 22, 2017, 5:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I can tell already it's going to be a excrement season, prepare for the worst. nothing positive from the club, no decent signings, I wouldn't bother renewing season tickets.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
June 22, 2017, 5:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from Kris2
"I'm bored, I have no life beyond The Fishy and going to Grimsby Town games, why aren't we signing players so I can have something to do? When are we signing new players? The players we have are crap we need to sign a whole new team so I have something to talk about".

I think that covers the translation of the above.

Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 8 - 43
friskneymariner
June 22, 2017, 5:51pm

Champagne Drinker
It is quite apparent Slade's primary targets have knocked him back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Underwhelming

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.