3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Laddy89
June 13, 2017, 7:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Is rubbish... hard to workout... awful layout and the videos never play!

Anyone else having issues?
Logged Offline
Private Message
99agrant
June 13, 2017, 7:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
Yes I can't get the videos to load on my iPad but they work on PC. I've emailed the website contact but no reply!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
zorro_is_a_Mariner
June 13, 2017, 7:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Can't get them to play on my phone but if anyone shares it via Facebook it works bloody stupid.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
gtfcmd
June 13, 2017, 9:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
is there a new app or can you still use player hd ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Superdan147
June 13, 2017, 9:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Same! Rubbish can't watch the videos on phone only on laptop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
arryarryarry
June 14, 2017, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Can watch on my phone ok
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
psgmariner
June 14, 2017, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Annoying thread title that.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
gtfc98
June 14, 2017, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Can't watch any of the videos on my iphone. If they don't sort it will probably end up cancelling and just watching the skysports highlights instead.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Kris2
June 14, 2017, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Tbh despite re-branding it still looks like exactly the same thing with a different layout on the website. Still expecting the same lack of quality in most areas, commentary that doesn't work,highlights that aren't really highlights,boring interviews and a lack of interesting updates with most videos being free to view anyway and the only worthwhile thing being the full match videos after the games.

Had the matchday streaming been for everyone and not just an overseas initiative it might have made it different and worth it.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Mariner_09
June 14, 2017, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
That would reduce gate receipts though, if people could regularly stream whole games live in Cleethorpes with one paying subscriber with 10 other mates watching it on a TV he's got it hooked up to just sounds like a recipe for disaster from the football club's perspective for me.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
mariner83
June 14, 2017, 12:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Quoted from Mariner_09
That would reduce gate receipts though, if people could regularly stream whole games live in Cleethorpes with one paying subscriber with 10 other mates watching it on a TV he's got it hooked up to just sounds like a recipe for disaster from the football club's perspective for me.

Agree, it would be financial suicide for them to stream home games to UK residents.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
BPMariner
June 14, 2017, 3:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Statement from the club regarding IFollow

Unfortunately our new iFollow Mariners service is not yet available on tablets and mobile devices.

However, we have been assured by NeuLion, the services provider, that iFollow will be available on Android, iPhone/ iPad devices ahead of the new season.

Town fans who live outside the UK will be able to watch all of our EFL games live next season

The EFL have announced that overseas subscribers will pay the equivalent of £110 per season for the service which will provide coverage of up to 46 live games per club.

More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality, with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

Fans based in the UK and Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s existing PlayerHD platform.

Watch our free iFollow content.

If you have any questions about iFollow, please contact ifollow@efl.com or use the live chat tool on the bottom right of our website.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
Kris2
June 14, 2017, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mariner_09

I doubt that it would have a big effect on gate receipts at all, if anything it might reduce some of the away attendance but that group have become a bit of a clique of their own and would probably rather go to the away games anyway. The main things that reduce home gates are poor form not the option to stream games. I suppose it'd be interesting to look at gates in a similar run of form with a game on TV next to one not on TV to compare attendance to see if there is a dramatic drop. I think that people who regularly attend home games and season ticket holders will still go regardless of a streaming option.

Looking at the charges for the season to stream overseas it's still quite a lot of money you'd get from people who might only attend a couple of games a season anyway and don't buy season tickets. The club would be seeing some of that money or they wouldn't be doing this. In any case they should make the service more interesting instead of offering the same tired content.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Mariner Ronnie
June 14, 2017, 7:09pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Quoted from BPMariner

Unfortunately our new iFollow Mariners service is not yet available on tablets and mobile devices.

However, we have been assured by NeuLion, the services provider, that iFollow will be available on Android, iPhone/ iPad devices ahead of the new season.

Town fans who live outside the UK will be able to watch all of our EFL games live next season

The EFL have announced that overseas subscribers will pay the equivalent of £110 per season for the service which will provide coverage of up to 46 live games per club.

More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality, with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

Fans based in the UK and Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s existing PlayerHD platform.

If you have any questions about iFollow, please contact ifollow@efl.com or use the live chat tool on the bottom right of our website.

Very helpful that, thanks 😊

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
moosey_club
June 14, 2017, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from BPMariner

So they sold it without advertising the limitations ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
promotion plaice
June 14, 2017, 10:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Mariner_09

Totally agree but what's to stop the overseas subscribers doing the same thing through private messaging.

Also there must be Town fans that have chipped in together to get MP.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
mariner83
June 15, 2017, 10:25am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Quoted from promotion plaice

Totally agree but what's to stop the overseas subscribers doing the same thing through private messaging.

Also there must be Town fans that have chipped in together to get MP.

I'm not that technologically minded but would it be limited by IP address or something like that, you can't watch certain things on the BBC website abroad? I know there's probably ways to get round that though
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
gtfckyle
June 23, 2017, 2:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Have any of the techies worked out if there are ways around this? Would be ideal for when on holiday/can't make a game for what ever reason..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
londonmariner2
June 23, 2017, 2:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
IPVanish or similar VPN software.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Tradjazz
June 23, 2017, 8:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
VPN allows to to be anywhere in the world. So would confuse the stream into thinking you live in Spain, Portugal, Germany or wherever.Seems a bargain if it works properly.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 26
LH
June 23, 2017, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Do we know if the club will be able to do beambacks for big away games that go to the full allocation?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2017, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
Do we know if the club will be able to do beambacks for big away games that go to the full allocation?

Can we have a translation please? Some of us are still getting used to CEEFAX.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2017, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
So what is the cost for the UK (and IRE) subscriber? If it's anything like £110 I think they'll find there'll be just a handful renewing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Posh Harry
June 24, 2017, 1:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Can we have a translation please? Some of us are still getting used to CEEFAX.

Oh oh is the answer red green blue or yellow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2017, 11:27am
Meths Drinker
There are tellies that show colours?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
HotToddy
June 24, 2017, 12:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
mines due in August and it's £45. It's a repeat subscription so no worries. Besides it's giving my money to the club i love UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Mariner93er
June 24, 2017, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I feel like using a VPN is risky, and they'll easily be able to tell through your banking details.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Mariners Player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.