4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
June 12, 2017, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Nolan is miles better than Berrett, Summerfield, Comley and probably Disley and Clements. Involved in all 4/5 of our play off goal. Don't see how Disley and Clay could 'boss' the midfield without someone to actually do something with the ball. Ask a lot of people and they'll say Nolan was MOTM at Wembley.

Now, he couldn't really tackle and didn't track back. But people let Vose get away with that because he isn't that sort of player. Would have him back in the team in a heartbeat.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Mariner_09
June 12, 2017, 8:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Think he has to play in a three to get the most out of him, we got found wanting in the 2nd half of that season sometimes because we treated Nolan as Clay. Clay and Disley together we able to maximise Nolan's effectiveness, hence our domination at Wembley and victory at Braintree. If played in a three here with McAllister and Osborne I think we'd be a really good side.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
grimsby pete
June 12, 2017, 8:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Abdul19

Although, despite leaving less than 8 months ago and signing a load of his old players, he's not actually signed any of our players!

Most his signings as a FL manager are pretty uninspired really.

Maybe Fenty told him not to come back with any offer for our players because the answer will be f^^^^lk off

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
golfer
June 12, 2017, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I'm beginning to agree with a lot you say. PS  have you purchased " Golfers knowledge of The Beautiful Game"  only £19-99 in all good book shops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
grimsby pete
June 12, 2017, 8:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from golfer
I'm beginning to agree with a lot you say. PS  have you purchased " Golfers knowledge of The Beautiful Game"  only £19-99 in all good book shops

BUT

Mostly in rubbish ones  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
MuddyWaters
June 12, 2017, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer

2p in a job lot at a car boot more like
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Pogo
June 12, 2017, 9:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Not our player anymore,move on and tsk about the current town players  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
KingstonMariner
June 12, 2017, 9:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
Shrewsbury getting a bit like WBA when Buckley took half of our team,

Then when Buckley mark 2 returned we got half of WBA team following him.

Exactly what I was thinking Pete. Shows how we've fallen when we're no longer a feeder club to WBA but 'the likes of....Shrewsbury and Hartlepool'.  

Remember that cover on Groarty Di ck?

(for our younger listeners that's a traditional Black Country dish, not an STD.)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
kingster72
June 12, 2017, 9:53pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Quoted from Ipswin
His best signing so far. Chesterfield couldn't get the best out of him Hurst can.

I spoke to a Chesterfield fan mid season and he said Nolan was the one bright light in a poor team.  A good signing for the Shrew's, I don't think we would have been promoted under Hurst without Nolan, so he is a player we owe much to.
Good luck to him, but let's hope PH takes Summerfield & Berrett too

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
MarinerMal
June 13, 2017, 8:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
One of the most overrated players I've ever seen at BP, especially by some on the fishy.

His inclusion almost totally derailed our promotion season from the Naitonal League. He had a very good first touch which suckered in some on here to believe he was something he was not. Positionally he was often a liability, would look to close opponents down at the wrong time and would often switch off, allowing opponents to drift past him. Tbf, that wasn't his strength either but it's part of your job in a midfield two.

We saw the best of him when Monkhouse got injured and Hurst had to adjust his team and with Clay & Disley to make up for his lack of team play. They were his two best games for town and for that at least we should be grateful. Still, for me very overrated and I wouldn't be surprised to see Shrewsbury struggle next season, agian.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jon Nolan to Shrews

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.