Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Gowling signs for....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 123 Guests

Josh Gowling signs for....

This thread currently has 10,519 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
rancido
June 11, 2017, 7:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I don't think anyone hates MB. I think a lot of people, myself included were disgusted with the way he handled the clubs senior pros, silly formations, getting rid of all the wingers..... I could continue.
MB's problem is that he tried to run before walking and that cost us a play-off place. Simple as that.

MB was brought in on a brief that meant keeping League status this season, ie getting to 50 points. He did this so he achieved the first objective that he was given. He then started to put together the beginnings of a side that would challenge for promotion next season and to be fair he did bring in two or three players who could be instrumental in achieving that. His biggest mistake was ( certainly in the fans eyes ) was using the rest of the season to try experimental formations and utilising players in different roles for league games. This obviously upset some fans who could see a play-off place was within reach. Unfortunately he was sacked before he could implement his plans for next season so we will never know what other personnel he would have brought in and how the line-up would look. It is interesting to note that Wilko said in the GET that we are aiming for a play-off place next season! That to me is not good enough. We should be aiming for 50 points asap and a top three final position. It's almost as if he's saying we might get there next season but it might take longer so don't be too disappointed if it does take longer - which , to me, is a very negative approach.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
jaygy
June 11, 2017, 8:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Have you never seen that game then? The defender grabbed his shirt. How do you win a penalty like that? Telekinesis? It's not like Josh ran in front of him and got tripped - he wasn't a cheat like that.

You obviously wasn't in the pontoon against Lincoln when he punched away a goalboand shot at full stretch and got away with it then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Garth
June 11, 2017, 8:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from rancido

MB was brought in on a brief that meant keeping League status this season, ie getting to 50 points. He did this so he achieved the first objective that he was given. He then started to put together the beginnings of a side that would challenge for promotion next season and to be fair he did bring in two or three players who could be instrumental in achieving that. His biggest mistake was ( certainly in the fans eyes ) was using the rest of the season to try experimental formations and utilising players in different roles for league games. This obviously upset some fans who could see a play-off place was within reach. Unfortunately he was sacked before he could implement his plans for next season so we will never know what other personnel he would have brought in and how the line-up would look. It is interesting to note that Wilko said in the GET that we are aiming for a play-off place next season! That to me is not good enough. We should be aiming for 50 points asap and a top three final position. It's almost as if he's saying we might get there next season but it might take longer so don't be too disappointed if it does take longer - which , to me, is a very negative approach.

Or in other words it seems to me he is being quietly confident as apposed to broadcasting bullsh1t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
rancido
June 12, 2017, 8:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Garth

Or in other words it seems to me he is being quietly confident as apposed to broadcasting bullsh1t

Yet when PH said he wanted a play-off place every season he was here, on here he was decried as not aiming high enough!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
monkeyboy
June 12, 2017, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Unless he can get shot of some of last seasons let downs and sign his own players i have no problem with the playoffs being the target.
With some of the dross we have in the squad that was put on 2 year contracts it will take time to clear the decks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
Les Brechin
June 12, 2017, 8:56am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Is there anything official about this move yet. Still no mention on their OS.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
livosnose
June 13, 2017, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Officially signed along with Pittman

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Gowling signs for....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.