Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Gowling signs for....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 356 Guests

Josh Gowling signs for....

This thread currently has 10,567 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
June 9, 2017, 8:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Gunning was just part of a problem made by Bignot not the cause of the problem, personally I would have selected Gowling ahead of him every week.

I can't see how Bignot ever perceived that a player who had been languishing in the 2nd tier of Scottish football after a chequered career to date would have added anything sensational to last seasons squad or ahead of a model pro like Josh, clearly he was "a signing for the future" that "future" being elsewhere.  

You don't like Bignot? You've never said.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
rancido
June 9, 2017, 9:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Garth

Looking back on jt now Marcus and Gunning are two people that I want to eradicate completely from my memory.

Marcus because he was a know nothing bullsh1tter who just was not up to the job, and Gunning who also was out of his depth and stood in the way of Gowling, who in my mind was streets ahead of him.

Who released Gowling at the end of the season? Surely if he was the kind of player needed for a promotion push to League 1, RS would have seen that and kept him?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
Mariner93er
June 9, 2017, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I can't believe some of the shite that is posted on here at times. Anyone would think bignot was the next Newell and got us relegated again. In reality, it was one of the harshest, if not the harshest, sacking in the club's history. Non of us can truly know how he would've done and yet some people seem to hate him, it's pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
Wrawby_Mariner
June 10, 2017, 11:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mariner93er
I can't believe some of the shite that is posted on here at times. Anyone would think bignot was the next Newell and got us relegated again. In reality, it was one of the harshest, if not the harshest, sacking in the club's history. Non of us can truly know how he would've done and yet some people seem to hate him, it's pathetic.

I don't think anyone hates MB. I think a lot of people, myself included were disgusted with the way he handled the clubs senior pros, silly formations, getting rid of all the wingers..... I could continue.
MB's problem is that he tried to run before walking and that cost us a play-off place. Simple as that.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 43 - 56
Bigdog
June 10, 2017, 11:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I don't think anyone hates MB. I think a lot of people, myself included were disgusted with the way he handled the clubs senior pros, silly formations, getting rid of all the wingers..... I could continue.
MB's problem is that he tried to run before walking and that cost us a play-off place. Simple as that.

Could you let us all know where we're going to finish next season so we can all have a big bet on it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
oldun
June 10, 2017, 11:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Not only did he run, but it seems he failed to take all the players with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
Ipswin
June 10, 2017, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

Could you let us all know where we're going to finish next season so we can all have a big bet on it..

15th

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
Mariner93er
June 10, 2017, 12:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Cost us promotion? Wasn't his average points very similar to hursts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
Bigdog
June 10, 2017, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
Cost us promotion? Wasn't his average points very similar to hursts?

I know a lot of fans look at us only being nine points or so short of the play-offs, but looking at the manner of how we played under all three managers in a lot of games, I thought the points total we achieved was quite a few more than our performances deserved.

We were way off a play-off side.We beat a few of the top sides as a one-off but were way off the quality necessary to regularly play the bottom sides off the pitch.

I can think of less than ten games out of forty six where we played well and less than that when we dominated..

Edit.. Josh Gowling is an extremely good signing for Torquay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
KingstonMariner
June 10, 2017, 2:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Only the players knew the real Marcus Bignot we got the bulshit version but there did seem to be some discord amongst players who were getting unfairly treat in favour of others ie Gunning. The alledged incident with the young keeper sounded very unsavoury. As far as Josh goes he seemed frozen out altogether but he did do some great work when in non league winning THAT penno against Braintree was key to us beating them.

Good luck Josh another player with fond memories that I am sure was shared between player and fans alike.

Have you never seen that game then? The defender grabbed his shirt. How do you win a penalty like that? Telekinesis? It's not like Josh ran in front of him and got tripped - he wasn't a cheat like that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Gowling signs for....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.