This thread currently has 6,092 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
June 2, 2017, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Sad to see Shaun go and served this club well but....

RS obviously doesn't see SP as a player that can take us forward and I have no problem with that.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
forza ivano
June 2, 2017, 11:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
It's a shame, but he is a victim of circumstances. He admits his performances in the last three months weren't great plus Boyce has got a two year deal and so the clubs hands are tied.mim sure that if the situation was reversed Russ wouldve  been v happy to keep Shaun.
Injury prone andrew gets a one year deal, exceeds all expectations and moves up in the world.Fair play to him. we sign Boyce, a known solid  petformer, on. 2 years.no complaints from us n he turns out to be awful.go back 12 months n find me a post that didn't agree with the decisions made them. You win some, you lose some....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
KingstonMariner
June 3, 2017, 1:03am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That interview just typifies what we've come to admire about Shaun. Top man.

A massive part of me wishes we'd offered him a contract. The sentimental part of me says that even if he wasn't going to be a player good enough for League 1, he would be good to have in the building because he represents that connection that was built up between the squad and the fans under Hurst. The pragmatic side of me agrees with what Shaun himself said.

I can only wish him and Wrexham every success next season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
lukeo
June 3, 2017, 8:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Kingston pretty much what I put on someone's status on Facebook. Even if he is average, the work he does off the field and the involvement in the footballing community and school of excellence was brilliant. If Slade thought he was OK if I was JF I'd have made an extra bit of funds available to keep Shaun to then continue his relationship within the coaching part of the club so when he does hang his boots or take a step back he knows the inside and outs of the club and he's already well respected etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Vance Warner
June 3, 2017, 9:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
A victim of the managerial merry go round this season. Whatever your opinion Slade had to make a judgement call within a month which makes it far more likely he'd get it wrong. This is why we need stability on and off the pitch. Nothing in the past suggests Slade will be here in a few years. Then what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
rancido
June 3, 2017, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Vance Warner
A victim of the managerial merry go round this season. Whatever your opinion Slade had to make a judgement call within a month which makes it far more likely he'd get it wrong. This is why we need stability on and off the pitch.[b] Nothing in the past suggests Slade will be here in a few years. Then what?

[/b

Good point as I don't think RS has completed 3 full seasons at any club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.