Private Message
Mariner_09
June 1, 2017, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Just get the impression we've well and truly urinated on our chips here, top player, top man, really improved as the season's gone on, I reckon we'll struggle to find better but time will tell.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
June 1, 2017, 9:42pm
Guest User
Shambolic decision, gutted to lose Shaun. He should have taken the armband for me, he's 27, coming into his prime. I felt he improved last season and would have been a key player next season.
Reply: 2 - 25
mariner91
June 1, 2017, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
He is a top, top bloke. I hope Wrexham know how lucky they are to have him.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
GyMariner
June 1, 2017, 10:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 7
Lets see who replaces him before we call it a poor decision. Top pro nonetheless

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Garth
June 1, 2017, 10:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Top man interview says it all really,  time will tell if it was the wrong decision by the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
sapper mariner
June 1, 2017, 10:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
Poor management by the club all round on this one

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Pontooner
June 1, 2017, 10:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Without doubt one of the best players we've had in recent years and a genuine bloke too. I can understand why RS might not consider him a first choice player in a promotion chasing side, but can't for the life of me understand why the club didn't feel he was worth a contract as one of the four CB's that they'll end up needing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Mariner_09
June 1, 2017, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Pontooner
Without doubt one of the best players we've had in recent years and a genuine bloke too. I can understand why RS might not consider him a first choice player in a promotion chasing side, but can't for the life of me understand why the club didn't feel he was worth a contract as one of the four CB's that they'll end up needing.

I'm not sure we are targeting promotion judging by the signings we're bringing in, the hairs haven't stood up yet JF.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
ginnywings
June 1, 2017, 10:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Mariner_09

I'm not sure we are targeting promotion judging by the signings we're bringing in, the hairs haven't stood up yet JF.

That was pretty much the view last time Slade was here. His signings never got the pulses racing and some of them were not really that good at the start. Jones and Reddy for instance took a while to find their feet, but eventually became excellent players for us. It's a different set of problems that face him this time around. First time we had about 5 players when he joined and he had to throw together a squad pretty quickly. This time around, he has the opposite problem and despite being a more mature manager now, with probably more contacts, he has far less wriggle room. I think Pearson would still be here had circumstances been different. Instead we end up with Boyce because of contract decisions made before Slade joined us. I'll wait and see who comes in and who goes out before i get too downhearted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.