Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any news on a new striker??????
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 199 Guests

Any news on a new striker??????

This thread currently has 22,035 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
June 1, 2017, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,381
Gold Stars: 527
disgaree, move forwards, dont look back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 83
Maringer
June 1, 2017, 10:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
I get the impression that Slade is looking to build a pacier and more powerful team this season. Not sure Amond would fit into this. In fact, looking at the stats, I don't think we really want him.

We know he was a bit of a flat track bully in the Conference, scoring lots against weaker teams but doing little against the top clubs in the division. Looks as though he was much the same this season, albeit as part of a relegated team who were obviously crap. Just 3 goals scored against teams in the top half of the table which isn't a great record for a striker who played in pretty much every game all season.

I think we need better than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 83
Superdan147
June 1, 2017, 11:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
I think Alex revell would be absolutely ideal but not sure if we could tempt him. Slade had him at orient and also took him to Cardiff. Still a year left on his contract at Northampton.

Revell is a real presence up top, with a fairly decent record at a higher level (league one and championship mainly) and would make the ideal target man if we go with the pacey 3 attackers (Kelly or dembele on the left, jones or Osborne possibly in the middle and either tombola or browne in the right) just behind which I think how we may go.  With 2 of macca, rose, clem in front of the back 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 83
acko338
June 1, 2017, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
We had a good season out of both Connell and Amond before they moved on - neither did much before or after, so who is the next one who Slade can bring in to be a one season wonder?

Bogle had a quiet start, then exploded into the goalscorer that brought in transfer funds - can we bring on another out of Asante and / or Akheem Rose ?

Will Yuseff have a fair run in the team this season - started very well, then disappeared ?

That said - will Slade want at least one proven striker that costs money to set us going?

decisions, decisions - who would want to be a manager ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 83
Jarmo.Is.God
June 1, 2017, 1:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from acko338
We had a good season out of both Connell and Amond before they moved on - neither did much before or after, so who is the next one who Slade can bring in to be a one season wonder?

Bogle had a quiet start, then exploded into the goalscorer that brought in transfer funds - can we bring on another out of Asante and / or Akheem Rose ?

Will Yuseff have a fair run in the team this season - started very well, then disappeared ?

That said - will Slade want at least one proven striker that costs money to set us going?

I am against people always wanting to go back to old players, but the above is incorrect

Connell went and played over 100 games in the football league after us in 3 years.

Amond has just scored 14 goals in a team that got relegated...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 83
TheGoalKipper
June 1, 2017, 1:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from acko338

Im sure RS will adequately fill the other blank spaces he needs to but the a top striker must be signed even if we pay him a bit more than the rest of the squad get. The established ones do and other players don't female dog about it as proven stikers are a rarity and do comand more. This is the pivitol signing which could well decide if we are contenders for promotion or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 83
monkeyboy
June 2, 2017, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Honestly cant see another striker coming in.
I think we are looking for left backs x 2 and a goalkeeper, cant see beyond that at present as the gaps are full. besides the loan market would fill any poor performers.

We have 4 players in Jones, asante yusef and vernon. are they all good enough? jones is a yes, vernon is ok for squad but the jury is out on asante anf yusef as they have not had enough realistic game time to judge.
Akeem Rose shouldnt be considered a senior and needs games in the reserves against men to see if there is a wiff of a player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 83
Mariner93er
June 2, 2017, 10:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Well we only have 2 centre backs, so I'd imagine that's a priority too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 83
Mariner_09
June 2, 2017, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
1 left back
2 centre halves
1 striker

Just 4 more IMO

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 83
Davec
June 3, 2017, 6:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from monkeyboy
Honestly cant see another striker coming in.
I think we are looking for left backs x 2 and a goalkeeper, cant see beyond that at present as the gaps are full. besides the loan market would fill any poor performers.

We have 4 players in Jones, asante yusef and vernon. are they all good enough? jones is a yes, vernon is ok for squad but the jury is out on asante anf yusef as they have not had enough realistic game time to judge.
Akeem Rose shouldnt be considered a senior and needs games in the reserves against men to see if there is a wiff of a player.

Loan market can fill any poor performers? The loan market closes at the end of August and opens start of January and closes end of January so we can't rely on loans to fill out poor performers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any news on a new striker??????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.