Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Kelly Signs (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Sam Kelly Signs (Merged)

This thread currently has 19,707 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 31, 2017, 11:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,155
Gold Stars: 265
Just to play devils advocate even further. Madeley mariner is factually correct with his view that Kelly's projection is ever downward. It is a fact that the fat Scottish Kent ,who, whatever his failings is a v successful manager , has ridded himself of rose asap on 2 occasions, whilst dembele has never been considered good enough by any pro team to be offered a contract. We have a gk who we all know is good conference at best, plus 2 players in their mid 30s and a 30 year old who has hardly played a game in 18 months. Add to that berrett, summerfield and yusuf who are mid table performers at best, and IMHO we will do well to get even close to the play offs. Oh, I forgot, and we haven't got a goalscorer. At least we are not looking forward to Braintree and Maidenhead away, but it don't look brilliant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
ginnywings
June 1, 2017, 12:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
We'll wait and see what the rest of the close season brings. We weren't that far off a play off place last season, so it will only take a bit more consistency to get in the top seven. Blackpool, Carlisle etc, were not that much better than us. As i've said before, Slade brought in a few players last time that were unknown to most of us and quite a few of them were excellent at this level. Certainly better than any we've had since he left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 103
Tommy
June 1, 2017, 9:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Appreciate your putting forward an alternative viewpoint forza, but we weren't far off getting in the play offs last season with all these mid table players you mention. I'm not suggesting Yussuf, Clements etc are top 3 material but we were dire for much of last season and still could've made the play offs in the last few weeks of the season. So it only needs a bit more quality and a more consistent approach from Management.

Also, when Slade assembled his squad for his 2nd season with us last time, I don't remember getting the feeling that we were signing outstanding players who would get us promoted then either. But playing for GTFC, playing for Slade and playing in our system, they got us to 4th in the league.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
Maringer
June 1, 2017, 9:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
I think Clements is actually a pretty decent League Two midfielder - played mostly a defensive role for us last season but still scored 4 goals in 16 appearances which isn't half bad and I'd expect he will probably play a good amount next season. Yussuf started very well but then barely had a kick after that which was very surprising. Makes me wonder if there was some sort of an off-field issue with him? If so, I hope it's resolved for next season.

We need at least one more striker before the season starts, not least because none of us really know what Asante will be able to do - will he be fit enough to start regularly and, if he is, is he good enough to score enough goals in the League?

I have faith that Slade has a plan worked out and has a good knowledge of players available - let's face it, he's been up and down the leagues over the past few years so ought to have a good idea about who is any good! Hopefully, we can sign a few more players to improve us in comparison to last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
Abdul19
June 1, 2017, 12:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,551
Gold Stars: 215
Hearn, Pearson and Church (alright, fair enough ) had never had a pro contract and they were alright.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
TheGoalKipper
June 1, 2017, 2:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
He obviously thinks he wont be on the bench then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 103
UTMariners
June 1, 2017, 3:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
friskneymariner
August 27, 2017, 5:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 935
Great signing! Pacey Left Winger signs a 2 yr deal with the Mighty Mariners...
https://youtu.be/2DPS-rKXlBI

Erm!!!!!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
lukeo
August 27, 2017, 5:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I don't know what's going on with him but at Bideford he really looked good, knocked the ball past his opponent and run onto it at any given opportunity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
Gaffer58
August 27, 2017, 6:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Yes, but his opponent was a plumber!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Kelly Signs (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.