Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blackpool vs Exeter (League 2 play-off final)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 170 Guests

Blackpool vs Exeter (League 2 play-off final)

This thread currently has 3,732 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
May 28, 2017, 4:36pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Blackpool currently winning 2–1 with 20 minutes to go. Around 6,000 Blackpool fans there apparently.

Blackpool scored and had an injury, bringing a winger on and switched from 3-1-4-2 to 4-4-2 then Exeter got an equaliser.  Blackpool doing all the pressing second half and looking good for the second half lead to be honest.

Exeter had a bottom 3 budget in League Two this season it was mentioned, Blackpool in the lower regions of the top 10 budgets.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
May 28, 2017, 5:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Very good game and on play Blackpool deserved it.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Nelly GTFC
May 28, 2017, 5:01pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Very good game and on play Blackpool deserved it.
Probally the Wembley pitch was their main advantage, they played really well.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Madeleymariner
May 28, 2017, 5:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Boooo bang goes a nice weekend away next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
HertsGTFC
May 28, 2017, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Amazing considering all the sh1t that has gone on at that club and both times we played them they looked bang average.

Gutted that we will not be visiting next season   

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Teestogreen
May 28, 2017, 5:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
I would like to apologise to Blackpool F C for only suggesting that they would be possibles for the play offs after their superior demolition of Carlisle Utd at the end of January / beginning of February 2017  - they were probably in about 14th / 15th at the time.

They had a player on loan from Aston Villa (Delfounso) who Gary Bowyer seemed to have built his team around.

There was no sign of him today, so I can only think that GB has done an outstanding job (notwithstanding the negativity from Blackpool fans not liking the hierarchy) in adapting to the players available to him, and moulding them in to promotion winning side. Brilliant performance - and he is a Graham Taylor look alike / brain alike to me  - so watch out for Blackpool heading for the Premier (never know).

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
TheGoalKipper
May 28, 2017, 7:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
I go for a weeks hols every year in Blackpool and the animosity towards the owner is really something. Im amazed anyone has been able to go in and make a promotion chasing team out of them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Teestogreen
May 28, 2017, 7:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Exactly - unbelievable effort by them  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
TownSNAFU5
May 28, 2017, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
I think that like us, they won at Carlisle and Plymouth.

They took very few fans as most agreed to boycott the game.   All the money goes to the owners, and the fans don't want to give them another penny.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
RichMariner
May 29, 2017, 8:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,138
Gold Stars: 209
I heard a rumour yesterday that Gary Bowyer was off to Swindon if they didn't go up.

He still might. Who knows how difficult it is working at a club where the fans regularly boycott matches?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
BottesfordMariner
May 29, 2017, 9:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
It's a mess and its quite an achievement for the players and management to gain promotion amidst all that. Full credit to them.

As i have posted a few times before on here i have a soft spot for Blackpool as they were my dad's favourite team and i do go and watch them from time to time. Saw them win at Donny in April that really gave them belief they could sneak into the play offs.

I would have gone to Wembley ( i have been to 5 of Blackpool's previous 6 Wembley play of finals) but knew that a lot of fans wouldnt go as part of the protest. It was a difficult decision not to go but a family event almost made the decision for me in the end.

But that said i wanted them to win and whilst some fans cheered them on from home or the pub there were others that didnt want them to win as they believe this strengthens the owners position.

To actually want your team to fail ........i dont think i could do that despite my dislike of the owners. I would always want the team to succeed. But it shows the level of animosity from a sizeable part of the support.

Blackpool's last 2 Wembley visits in 2010 and 2012 saw 35K and 30K fans back them. I saw them play Yeovil in a League 1 play off in 2007 and there were 25K plus there. There were barely 5K there yesterday and their average home gate this season was 3,500.....for a promotion winning team quite shocking. It would have been double that in normal circumstances.

Hopefully the Oyston's will realise they will never make any more money from the club and sell.....(though dont hold your breath)

For all the Fenty haters out there be thankful for small mercies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2017, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I don't think anyone does hate Fenty. People express a lack of confidence in him and critics his decisions, rightly or wrongly. But to characterise that as hate is way off beam.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
HertsGTFC
May 30, 2017, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Just think what Blackpool could achieve if they where all together on the same page.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
devon mariner
May 30, 2017, 10:50am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
I'm pleased Blackpool won.  This way I still have a close away game left for next season.  And Exeter are doing improvements to their ground.  Maybe they will spend some money on their away toilets.  Got to have the worst facilities for away fans in the league

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
monkeyboy
May 30, 2017, 3:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Dont Blackpool fans think that like us they are at their level hovering between championship and League 2?
Surely the owners cant be that bad? The fans were spoilt with getting into the Premiership and probably expect far too much now as they had a taste of the high life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blackpool vs Exeter (League 2 play-off final)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.