3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 28, 2017, 8:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Unregulated banks caused the last crash. Labour government bailed them out causing the big jump in government debt. The economy was growing again when the Tories took over and their austerity policies stifled growth whilst debt continued to rise.

Corbyn's policies are mild - compare them to the highly successful Nordic countries who have more 'left wing' economic models.

The government could have been investing in the country all this time at interest rates almost zero.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
codcheeky
May 28, 2017, 8:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The only thing I like that Corbyn has said, is that he wants the railways back in the hands of the government, which will never happen because of the costs involved.

This will be the easiest and cheapest re nationalisation, companies do not pay the govt to get a franchise they all get massive subsidies, we are paying Bransoin(paid no tax since the 70s) and others, millions to deliver crap service. As each contract runs out the Govt will take over
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
codcheeky
May 28, 2017, 8:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Bigdog

This above is a list of numbers that add up but make no account of what happens in the real world. It is a proven fact that the Corporation Tax take increases as the rate goes down, so the £19.4bn extra tax take will never happen, so there's a black hole there for a start, never mind not adding in the omitted extra cost of nationalisations which could cost us the taxpayer up to £300bn. A lot of the other tax grabs in there on the city and big business could put our country and our jobs at severe risk especially during and after Brexit. It's a global world and companies will just up and leave to a better economic climate or shed jobs.

Going back to the OP re train tickets. I find it laughable that Corbyn has been going round offering anything he possibly can like he's got a blank cheque book for everything. At a time when we could have done with all the main parties coming together to get the best Brexit deal for the whole country, the Labour party has shifted back to its true roots, laudable ideals which bear no reflection in being made into a costed reality. So Corbyn's train ticket proposal will never come fruition, but if it did I don't think we'd be worrying about whether we can save a few quid exchanging train tickets.

On a forum where reckless free spending football club owners are roundly condemned and criticised, I find it hard to see the same people not seeing beyond lifelong tribal affinities and see the above manifesto for what it is, uncosted and reckless policies to shore up a core vote, dog whistle politics at it's very worst and in the end however the election ends up, it is us the taxpayer who will suffer the most, with an unchecked Tory party or out of pocket with a tax crazy Labour government.

The Tories have a list but quite arrogantly have no figures, just trust us, we have only racked up record national debt. The Labour policies are decent and sensible, not to say popular.  If you think more austerity will make the country better off you are crazy.  More cuts and less investment means less growth .  Corbyn  has a plan, similar but not ad radical as a lot of Scandinavian countries, yes they pay more tax, but in quality of life surveys they always comer top. I am lucky enough to be in the higher tax bracket but was brought up to value fairness and equality and do not mind paying a little more if it will help people rather than go towards bombing other countries
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Garth
May 29, 2017, 8:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
In truth what will lose Labour the election is the leader and shadow cabinet members, their policies good or bad don't even come a close second.
Different faces and leadership would have been a real threat to the Torys
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Flexible train tickets with labour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.