This thread currently has 9,126 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
May 27, 2017, 7:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Are the club taking the urine out of you and I, the fans?

Many think the fact that season tickets renewals are not available yet is crazy. Not top of my list of priorities but as a minimum, shouldn't the club or even the Trust explain why? May be a perfectly good reason but communication seems to.be going back to the dark days again.

Potentially an excellent signing announced at 7pm last night, but many knew he signed a couple of weeks ago. What are the club hoping to gain by these cloak and dagger, control  freakish shenanigans? Boost for season tickets sales? Really? Is there anyone who will get a season ticket because we signed an untried kid who wouldn't have been buying a season ticket anyway? If this is the extent of our PR and Marketing set up we are more amateur than the sternest club critic ever thought.

This charging for the charity game crap. The club announced they didn't know it was for charity? Really? It was on the Official website for god sake. The Trust chairman seemed to back up / support the club, which is again increasingly concerning.

Others have said the Trust appear to be just an arm of the club rather than the voice of their membership.

If the club communication on the above, and more, matters is so bad, shouldn't the Trust be questioning, in public, rather than the softly softly in house lobbying that nobody ever hears about?

Enjoy the sunshine. UTM
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 27, 2017, 8:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Agree with this, none league seemed to do this club some good, we were having some great PR, things like the stickerbooks were great, just seems to have gone downhill lately.
we are the life of this club, we should be given more communication about our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
pizzzza
May 27, 2017, 8:42am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,621
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Cloudy

The Trust chairman seemed to back up / support the club, which is again increasingly concerning.

Others have said the Trust appear to be just an arm of the club rather than the voice of their membership.

Fully agree. It has always been extremely concerning to me that long-time club employee and JF's mate Terry Rudrum was installed as chairman of the Trust. Doesn't take a genius to work out how he got that position and who could have insisted on it. He wasnt elected by the Trust membership was he?

Dont get me wrong the work of the Trust volunteers is fantastic but they are essentially doing the club's work for them for free. The Trust is not an independent entity.

The sooner the Trust stop acting as a fund raising arm of the club and start representing the supporters the better.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
Wrawby_Mariner
May 27, 2017, 9:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.73
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Re the Trust, the membership elect the board members and those board members elect the chair, at least that's how it worked when I was involced.

I think the  only way anybody will know for sure how the trustees run is by attending a meeting and seeing what the crack is.

The problem as I see it is the club are very set in their ways and I think that is largely down to the fact that it's largely the same people in the same in the same roles for the last two decades.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 50
scrumble
May 27, 2017, 9:24am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
No football on, so we really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something to whinge about. The season finished what, three weeks ago? The season won't start for over two months. How is it taking the urine to not have tickets for sale?

As for announcing players, there all sorts of reasons for not making it public straight away, and not necessarily because of GTFC. The usual is simply down to when his contract expires at the players former club. You can hardly announce a new player when he still belongs to another team for another few weeks.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
ex-merseymariner
May 27, 2017, 9:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,395
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pizzzza

It has always been extremely concerning to me that long-time club employee and JF's mate Terry Rudrum was installed as chairman of the Trust. Doesn't take a genius to work out how he got that position and who could have insisted on it. He wasnt elected by the Trust membership was he?

So who were the other contenders, Mr Conspiracy Theorist?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
SteffiMariner
May 27, 2017, 9:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Cloudy
Are the club taking the urine out of you and I, the fans?

Many think the fact that season tickets renewals are not available yet is crazy. Not top of my list of priorities but as a minimum, shouldn't the club or even the Trust explain why? May be a perfectly good reason but communication seems to.be going back to the dark days again.

You can get a new season ticket - ring the club up and you can buy one. You just wont receive it for a couple of weeks. I don't see the issue myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
pizzzza
May 27, 2017, 9:53am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,621
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

So who were the other contenders, Mr Conspiracy Theorist?

I don't suppose that there were any. That's the point.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
ex-merseymariner
May 27, 2017, 9:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,395
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pizzzza

I don't suppose that there were any. That's the point.

just dont see the point; would we be better off to have a trust without a chair?
what sort of organisation doesnt have a chair...oh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
chaos33
May 27, 2017, 10:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,750
Gold Stars: 348
Quoted from scrumble
No football on, so we really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something to whinge about. The season finished what, three weeks ago? The season won't start for over two months. How is it taking the urine to not have tickets for sale?

As for announcing players, there all sorts of reasons for not making it public straight away, and not necessarily because of GTFC. The usual is simply down to when his contract expires at the players former club. You can hardly announce a new player when he still belongs to another team for another few weeks.

This.

Why don't people get out for a walk and an ice cream or summat?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taking the Michael

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.