6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 28, 2017, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Just wondering what difference it makes. You're not exactly going to start supporting Scunny because Town haven't got their season tickets on sale yet are you?

Maybe Russ & John are waiting to announce some 'hair on the back of your neck' signings?  
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
RichMariner
May 29, 2017, 8:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I can afford to buy a season ticket right now because I have money in my account.

In two weeks' time, after I've been on my holiday, I won't have enough money in my account to buy a season ticket.

Storm in a teacup, maybe.

But season tickets are the single most important thing to the club. Where else are they going to get money from while there's no football being played?

I just find it very odd that this club is so incredibly slow at doing the most important thing it needs to do in the close season.

In isolation I'd get over it, but it's just one more thing to add to the list that suggests they don't really keep the fans at the heart of everything they do.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
ginnywings
May 29, 2017, 8:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from RichMariner
I can afford to buy a season ticket right now because I have money in my account.

In two weeks' time, after I've been on my holiday, I won't have enough money in my account to buy a season ticket.

Storm in a teacup, maybe.

But season tickets are the single most important thing to the club. Where else are they going to get money from while there's no football being played?

I just find it very odd that this club is so incredibly slow at doing the most important thing it needs to do in the close season.

In isolation I'd get over it, but it's just one more thing to add to the list that suggests they don't really keep the fans at the heart of everything they do.

It's obviously not the most important thing, otherwise they would have released them already.

I'm still struggling to understand the issue some have with ST release dates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2017, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from bluerose13x
It's almost like the club don't want my money in their bank account asap to aid their cashflow/ earning intrest if in the black/ paying down debts/overdrafts to reduce any intrest owed if in the red/ paying bills due now with cash in bank rather than waiting around..

You don't usually earn interest on business accounts. As we are in the close season so in theory "operational expenditure" is less as there are no games then if your forecast plan is correct the cash flow should not be under as much pressure as it would during the season.

This is a very silly thread as if there was a dire financial need to sell early the club would have done. I am sure the "non chairman" who built a fish business that he sold on for millions would be savvy enough to know when.

It's not that big a deal it's just that there are no games to talk about at the moment.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2017, 11:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You don't usually earn interest on business accounts. As we are in the close season so in theory "operational expenditure" is less as there are no games then if your forecast plan is correct the cash flow should not be under as much pressure as it would during the season.

This is a very silly thread as if there was a dire financial need to sell early the club would have done. I am sure the "non chairman" who built a fish business that he sold on for millions would be savvy enough to know when.

It's not that big a deal it's just that there are no games to talk about at the moment.    

You might be right but I'm not sure the non-chairman has shown a great deal of business savviness in the running of the football club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
HertsGTFC
May 30, 2017, 8:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Bit harsh that Kingston considering Grimsby is a small Town, we have a decent fan base but since our decline relatively average attendances. There has been lots of challenges with the likes of overdrafts, debt, HMRC etc... and of course a number of seasons in tin pot which generates small incomes I actually think the fact we are now back in the FL and have moved forward is a good indication of decent business management.

It makes me laugh posters on here go on about JF being synonymous in the signing of Omar as it's not fashionable or some aren't brave enough to credit Hurst with anything related to success well if that's the case turning a 50k investment into a 1 million plus return in 18 months is a stroke of genius.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
fishyfan
May 30, 2017, 8:57am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: -120
Quoted from Cloudy
Are the club taking the urine out of you and I, the fans?

Many think the fact that season tickets renewals are not available yet is crazy. Not top of my list of priorities but as a minimum, shouldn't the club or even the Trust explain why? May be a perfectly good reason but communication seems to.be going back to the dark days again.

Potentially an excellent signing announced at 7pm last night, but many knew he signed a couple of weeks ago. What are the club hoping to gain by these cloak and dagger, control  freakish shenanigans? Boost for season tickets sales? Really? Is there anyone who will get a season ticket because we signed an untried kid who wouldn't have been buying a season ticket anyway? If this is the extent of our PR and Marketing set up we are more amateur than the sternest club critic ever thought.

This charging for the charity game crap. The club announced they didn't know it was for charity? Really? It was on the Official website for god sake. The Trust chairman seemed to back up / support the club, which is again increasingly concerning.

Others have said the Trust appear to be just an arm of the club rather than the voice of their membership.

If the club communication on the above, and more, matters is so bad, shouldn't the Trust be questioning, in public, rather than the softly softly in house lobbying that nobody ever hears about?

Enjoy the sunshine. UTM

i know the season is over and you maybe havent got much  to keep you occupied with no football like us all, but seriously there is no need for negativity about something which really isnt affecting you......take up gardening or something for the summer to keep you occupied and lets go into the new season being positive not negative because there is nothing else to moan about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
barrattstandman
May 30, 2017, 2:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
So richmariner if you had bought your ST now you wouldn't be able to afford to go on holiday. Pull the other one you just like a moan don't you ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
golfer
May 30, 2017, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from RichMariner
Yes, absolutely, two months to buy a season ticket. But I don't think the time frame is the concern here.

It's the fact that season tickets are the single most important source of income for the club, so you'd think they'd be really proactive - talking about next season, enticing us to buy them, getting them out there before people spend all their money on other stuff.

But no. Every other club seems to be proactive on this, and we're well behind.

There is no doubt in my mind. The longer the club fails to put season tickets on sale, the fewer they will sell.

Also, this topic is clearly a concern for some of our fans and once again the club has shown no effort to communicate with us.

I don't really see why fans are bothered on a personal basis-they will still get their regular seat and it will be available until the general sale at least. The later the S.T.s are sold the club will lose out on interest payments-fact---I fail to see from the content of the above post why the writer has attracted so many red x's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
May 30, 2017, 4:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from golfer

I don't really see why fans are bothered on a personal basis-they will still get their regular seat and it will be available until the general sale at least. The later the S.T.s are sold the club will lose out on interest payments-fact---I fail to see from the content of the above post why the writer has attracted so many red x's.

Where do the club find a business account that pays interest???
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taking the Michael

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.