2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2017, 7:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Pompey Supporters Trust have voted to sell their shares to Michael Eisner (one-time head of the Walt Disney company)

http://pompeytrust.com/news/pst-shareholders-vote-to-sell-to-tornante

Have these people learned nothing from their previous experience? Years of hard work by PST themselves and Pompey supporters have put them back on the road to recovery. They could become a perfectly sustainable Championship club, and with the right breaks maybe they could eventually build a new ground with capacity to hit the big time without foreign billionaires involved (or domestic ones for that matter).

Clearly they've never heard of Notts County and their escapade 8 years ago, or have decided to ignore it.

When they went mammaries up after the previous bunch of owners had wrecked the club there was some sympathy because 'it wasn't the fault of the supporters'. Next time it happens they have only themselves to blame.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
May 24, 2017, 10:22pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,689
Gold Stars: 137
At least they are selling them and not just giving them away.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2017, 10:58pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

Well that's true. Forgot about the other club who play in B&W stripes  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Wrawby_Mariner
May 25, 2017, 12:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Not sure thats needed was it? Two completely different situations in my opinion.

I think the Pompey Trust, as fans, would have done their due diligence to make sure this was the right move for the club.. Because thats what Trust boards do isn't it? Put their club first and not profits or personal egos.

Good luck to them, I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 11
KingstonMariner
May 25, 2017, 12:35am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Not sure thats needed was it? Two completely different situations in my opinion.

I think the Pompey Trust, as fans, would have done their due diligence to make sure this was the right move for the club.. Because thats what Trust boards do isn't it? Put their club first and not profits or personal egos.

Good luck to them, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Both involve handing over control in return for expectations of external funds to boost the budget of the team. Although I didn't nor ever will support the handing over of GTFC shares, I suppose we at least had a lifelong fan taking control.

I can't see how PST was putting the long-term interests of the club first though. The promise of more money to spend, and then what? I'm sure the Notts County trust said the same thing about due diligence with the Munto takeover proposal.

Coming against the background of Orient, Blackpool and several others, well........it's a bit like selling the roof over your own head because you want the money to build an extension and buy yourself a flash car.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Mrs Doyle
May 25, 2017, 4:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thing is all clubs are run as a business which means they are ruled by their heads rather than the heart, Once potential is there the owners plan for an exit strategy that suits them. It happens in every business dragons den is a good insight into how they make their millions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Wrawby_Mariner
May 25, 2017, 9:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Both involve handing over control in return for expectations of external funds to boost the budget of the team. Although I didn't nor ever will support the handing over of GTFC shares, I suppose we at least had a lifelong fan taking control.

I can't see how PST was putting the long-term interests of the club first though. The promise of more money to spend, and then what? I'm sure the Notts County trust said the same thing about due diligence with the Munto takeover proposal.

Coming against the background of Orient, Blackpool and several others, well........it's a bit like selling the roof over your own head because you want the money to build an extension and buy yourself a flash car.

My point is, Portsmouth were both ran by their Trust and wanting to play much higher up the football pyramid.... Could their Trust sustain this vision with the money they have?.... Probably not.

I think Pompey will have learnt from past experiences and safeguards put in place.... and if it does go pear shaped then it is the fans to blame and those who sanctioned the deal... Something else football can learn from.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 6 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 25, 2017, 12:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,791
Gold Stars: 178
Goofy decision!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Abdul19
May 25, 2017, 12:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 215
They'll be losing their 'Best Fans' (whatever that means) title when the buckets start shaking yet again.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
bedders78
May 26, 2017, 7:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
I'm pretty confident Eisner will be a responsible owner, but in the long term, he could sell the club on to any Tom, male private or Harry. The loss of long term control should worry them

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
malkamalka
May 26, 2017, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Isn't Bruce Dickinson involved too?

I don't think he would have agreed to something that he didn't check out. He's been backing Portsmouth for years.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
LongEatonMariner
May 26, 2017, 8:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from malkamalka
Isn't Bruce Dickinson involved too?

I don't think he would have agreed to something that he didn't check out. He's been backing Portsmouth for years.

The Iron Maiden vocalist?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mickey Mouse Outfit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.