Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew????
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 308 Guests

Danny Andrew????

This thread currently has 13,428 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
May 23, 2017, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Yeah no doubting Danny's ability he stood out in a otherwise uninspiring side managed to allow Bignot to play his lop sided formation.

Wonder if Collins will stay the defence is looking a bit sparse now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
forza ivano
May 24, 2017, 7:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from lee65
I think I agree with Moosey.., but I also agree with Mariner 09

Is this just how it is these days following a lower league team?, its depressing really isn't it  

I imagine Hayes fans said the same when we signed their best player soares, Gateshead fans said the same when we got jones and what Solihull fans said when they lost their two best players and their most successful ever manager. It's just the way of the world
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
HertsGTFC
May 24, 2017, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Good player in what was overall an average team.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
sam gy
May 24, 2017, 9:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,475
Gold Stars: 55
Good luck to him, excellent full back, and probably the best corner taker/crosser of the ball that we've had in years?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
Stew0_0
May 24, 2017, 10:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
If he does go we need to find a left sided Zak Mills. Young, hungry with potential for improvement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
diehardmariner
May 24, 2017, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Remember when Magnay left and everyone said we would never better him...

We'll be fine, Andrew was always here because of his injury record rather than his natural ability.  I think Hurst said something along the lines of we only got him because of his track record with long-term injuries.  

I'm the first to have a go at the club for not trying to tie down key assets but the club were right to only offer a one-year deal last summer, can you imagine the uproar had Andrew suffered another long-term injury in October?

With regards renewing his contract, never a chance he was going to stay here.  He's gone onto a higher level on more money.  Can't compete with that, it's that simple.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
moosey_club
May 24, 2017, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from chaos33

He hasn't gone yet, officially. But yeah, if he has, just can't understand why he would accept the chance to play at a higher level on twice the money. What a to$$er eh.

Clearly you have some kind of crush on him...i dont.
We move on . UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
rancido
May 24, 2017, 7:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from chaos33

Completely different manager. What's your point?
Slade has assessed him and doesn't think he rates him highly enough for a promotion challenging team as a regular. Fair enough. Agree or disagree, it matters not. Slade is the expert. So, he doesn't offer him a deal. He offered Danny Andrew a deal. What do you want him to do FFS?!

I love what Shaun Pearson did for us and what he represents and I'm sorry to see him go, but it's Slade's call, and he'll be judged in time.

You really don't want to give him a chance do you. Taking a swipe every chance you get.  I can't see what the problem is myself. He's only been here 2 minutes. Judging him now, particularly because his professional opinion on a player opposes your amateur view, just seems daft at best, and prejudiced at worst.

In the same way that fans[b] objected to the appointment of PH and MB and probably most managers in towns history, I don't think RS was the right choice. That is my opinion and surely should be respected as such. We have a General Election coming up and in the same token there will be those who object to whoever becomes Prime Minister. Will their opinions be daft , amateurish or prejudiced? You say I have an amateur view on a certain player but seeing as you know nothing about me and whether or not I have ever been involved in football at any level, then that is just an assumption. In fact my only involvement in football was at a very low local level but that is immaterial as surely I'm allowed an opinion? It's almost like saying if you have never been involved in professional football then you aren't allowed to express an opinion on it. It is a known fact that virtually all professional critics in music , theatre and the arts have never been involved in those fields but it doesn't mean their opinions mean nothing.
I didn't like the way RS left us and it seemed like he was engineering  a move away from us while still trying to get us promoted - which was he more bothered about? I don't think he will get us promoted but if he does then I will publicly state on this site that I was wrong. I just feel that his initial approach to who he retains , rejects or recruits for next seasons possible promotion campaign doesn't fill me with confidence. Admittedly there will be a lot of players arriving who could alter that but we don't know and only time will tell.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
golfer
May 24, 2017, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Truer words never spoken
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
easypeersy
May 24, 2017, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
All that nonsense the Bignot lovers were talking about saying that experimentation was going on ready for next season. Well a lot of good that did for us!
I don't believe he was anyway. He was a lost sheep and was struggling.
Now the team is being dismantled and rebuilt ready for the opening few fixtures of next season.
It happens every year. That is the way it is!
So... if it was happening - do not make the same mistake and experiment towards the end of this season. Push for the best position all the way to the bitter end. Play to win every match and keep it exciting!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.