Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew????
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 141 Guests

Danny Andrew????

This thread currently has 13,386 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 23, 2017, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
If he has gone then... fck him, thank you for a steady season...i am not going to cry over a player who we showed a bit of faith in after a period of long injury and he wants to be off as soon as he can.

Some perspective.....he won POTY in several categories....why ?  Because he played like Roberto Carlos ? Because he was outstanding every week ? Or...maybe he was consistent over the season....something he could be as he had no competition for a place, he couldnt be dropped because we didnt have an alternative, first half of the season i thought he was average at best, poor at times, i for one was definately not his biggest fan and i think if we had another option then he may have been dropped at some point.
Granted ..second half and latter stages he was starting to standout as being a consistently good performer, would have been nice to have retained him but i think the initial 1 yr deal was understandable...thems the breaks.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
HertsGTFC
May 23, 2017, 9:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Thanks Danny, good luck for the future now lets move on.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
chaos33
May 23, 2017, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from moosey_club
If he has gone then... fck him, thank you for a steady season...i am not going to cry over a player who we showed a bit of faith in after a period of long injury and he wants to be off as soon as he can.

Some perspective.....he won POTY in several categories....why ?  Because he played like Roberto Carlos ? Because he was outstanding every week ? Or...maybe he was consistent over the season....something he could be as he had no competition for a place, he couldnt be dropped because we didnt have an alternative, first half of the season i thought he was average at best, poor at times, i for one was definately not his biggest fan and i think if we had another option then he may have been dropped at some point.
Granted ..second half and latter stages he was starting to standout as being a consistently good performer, would have been nice to have retained him but i think the initial 1 yr deal was understandable...thems the breaks.

Pint of bitter please.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
ginnywings
May 23, 2017, 9:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I personally feel that he was good at the start, better in mid season and excellent by the end, in keeping with him getting back to form and fitness after a long lay off. I think it will be difficult to do better than him at our level but you never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
chaos33
May 23, 2017, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido
Last year we allowed  Arnold and Amond go because we didn't offer them the right deal and as a consequence JF and PH got slated on this site. This year we allow Pearson to go, with the possibility of Andrew going as well and all down to what is offered and it's all ok because the manager knows what he is doing !

Completely different manager. What's your point?
Slade has assessed him and doesn't think he rates him highly enough for a promotion challenging team as a regular. Fair enough. Agree or disagree, it matters not. Slade is the expert. So, he doesn't offer him a deal. He offered Danny Andrew a deal. What do you want him to do FFS?!

I love what Shaun Pearson did for us and what he represents and I'm sorry to see him go, but it's Slade's call, and he'll be judged in time.

You really don't want to give him a chance do you. Taking a swipe every chance you get.  I can't see what the problem is myself. He's only been here 2 minutes. Judging him now, particularly because his professional opinion on a player opposes your amateur view, just seems daft at best, and prejudiced at worst.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
moosey_club
May 23, 2017, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from chaos33

Pint of bitter please.

Not at all....my posting history is there to see, i didnt particularly rate him, he improved admittedly and by the end of the season was decent but .......not gutted he has gone....he has shown he has no loyalty to us, no desire to play for us or repay us for showing a bit of faith in him so ...fck him.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
Mariner_09
May 23, 2017, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Forgive the bloke, he was probably on peanuts here as he was injury prone and probably desperate for a league club, Donny are a league 1 club now and have offered a 2 year deal on probably treble his wages. That's a decision that you just have to make.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
MuddyWaters
May 23, 2017, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from rancido
Last year we allowed  Arnold and Amond go because we didn't offer them the right deal and as a consequence JF and PH got slated on this site. This year we allow Pearson to go, with the possibility of Andrew going as well and all down to what is offered and it's all ok because the manager knows what he is doing !

Are you blaming Slade, Fenty or Hurst? I'm confused.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
chaos33
May 23, 2017, 10:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Not at all....my posting history is there to see, i didnt particularly rate him, he improved admittedly and by the end of the season was decent but .......not gutted he has gone....he has shown he has no loyalty to us, no desire to play for us or repay us for showing a bit of faith in him so ...fck him.

He hasn't gone yet, officially. But yeah, if he has, just can't understand why he would accept the chance to play at a higher level on twice the money. What a to$$er eh.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
lee65
May 23, 2017, 10:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
I think I agree with Moosey.., but I also agree with Mariner 09

Is this just how it is these days following a lower league team?, its depressing really isn't it  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.