Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket sales.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 356 Guests

Season Ticket sales.

This thread currently has 19,882 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Posh Harry
June 5, 2017, 12:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from HertsGTFC
You pay tax or VAT as it would be on ticket sales at the same percentage so though we would have paid more VAT we would also have made more profit which heading into a season where the we need to show some ambition would have been useful wouldn't it?

Stop and think about it would putting them on sale earlier necessarily mean more sales? You are either going to get one or not going to get one regardless of the cost. In reality unless clubs slash prices or have a promotion/near miss and cup run season the term before most clubs sales stay at a similar level each year, our level appears to be in between 2500 and 3000.

What has fuelled this thread is the fact that Lincoln went early and have sold a lot, FFS people even criticised GTFC for freezing prices and warning of a "potential" increase in 18/19

The Gimps went early for one reason only and that is if The Cowley's had left before they went on sale they may have struggled to hit the numbers they have done

Not sure how making more profit shows ambition Herts. To me it shows a complete lack of business acumen if you have the option of deferring profit/income to reduce your tax bill then doesn't that give more money to possibly put into a playing budget rather than paying the tax man. I would love to know how many players look at a Profit and Loss sheet before they decide to sign compared to having a few extra quid in their pay packet.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 90
HertsGTFC
June 5, 2017, 1:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not sure how making more profit shows ambition Herts. To me it shows a complete lack of business acumen if you have the option of deferring profit/income to reduce your tax bill then doesn't that give more money to possibly put into a playing budget rather than paying the tax man. I would love to know how many players look at a Profit and Loss sheet before they decide to sign compared to having a few extra quid in their pay packet.

UTFM

Yeah maybe, maybe not. Money in the bank early in the window has to be better for player recruitment, but who knows. Massive over reaction to something tat is ot a massive issue o be honest.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 90
grimsby pete
June 5, 2017, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We don't KO in the league until August do we ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 90
rancido
June 5, 2017, 5:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Really? I'll alert the United Nations, you press the 4 minute warning button, crash the world economy and stop aid to the starving millions.

FFS are we really that anti Town that we have to find small details to pick at and moan about................In the scheme of things yes it is a bit unprofessional but to be honest it's no big deal.

What  crass statement! It's a loss of potential goodwill and also some revenue. I may have wanted to treat a couple of my grandchildren to this kind of experience but to receive the information from the club 5 days after the event started makes it impossible.It is more than a bit unprofessional , it's absolutely farcical. As for the first sentence in your post - just pathetic!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 90
Bigdog
June 5, 2017, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Season ticket sales probably account for a third of the club's income every season. As it's such a significant part, I find the marketing around it extremely half-hearted and uninspiring. It could be looked at cynically and be judged at taking our loyal fans for granted or even the club giving up on attracting the floating fan. It could even be a lack of effort, lack of expertise or just a case of managing the status quo until the new stadium appears. I just don't understand it.

I know a lot of fans on here will renew theirs without question and wonder what all the fuss is about, but it isn't about them, it's about putting forward such an attractive offer that not only all of the loyal renew, but the not so loyal are tempted too. Looking around at how a lot of other clubs have been pro-active, all I can say from a marketing point of view, it's been a pretty poor show, especially when the club have put together the odd piece of decent PR from time to time over the past year or two..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 90
LH
June 5, 2017, 9:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
"So, for the chance to personalise the seat you spend nearly 3 days glued to (yes - really!!)"

23x90=2070 minutes = 34.5 hours. = not even a day and a half. Brace yourselves for one hell of a season in the cups!
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 90
HertsGTFC
June 5, 2017, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
What  crass statement! It's a loss of potential goodwill and also some revenue. I may have wanted to treat a couple of my grandchildren to this kind of experience but to receive the information from the club 5 days after the event started makes it impossible.It is more than a bit unprofessional , it's absolutely farcical. As for the first sentence in your post - just pathetic!

fair enough!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 90
ginnywings
June 6, 2017, 8:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Anyone know how first day sales went?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 90
grimsby pete
June 6, 2017, 9:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
According to the telegraph over £30,000 taken,

The club are hoping for 3,000 but say anything over 2,500 would be good,

That equates to 140 tickets sold.

150 new applicants so far have requested a pack.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 90
ginnywings
June 6, 2017, 9:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Thanks Pete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket sales.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.