moosey_club
May 22, 2017, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

thanks for the challenge - come on fishy posters.how many times can you prove that theory completely wrong?
i'll start with marco and ricardo gabbiadini plus tomi and shola ameobi thrown in

Kev Moore...

Dave Moore...

.Andy Moore...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 134
forza ivano
May 22, 2017, 5:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
paul terry
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 134
Perkins
May 22, 2017, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from hheh2
Rose is decent from what I've seen so far hes a sort of Kante type player that gets stuck in in midfield. Good signing

He probably is a decent player but a Kante type player? that's pushing it a bit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 134
Superdan147
May 22, 2017, 5:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
I can only assume he's going to be a squad player giving competition to mccalister. Newport fans not impressed by him at all. I hoped our first signing would be one of quality (remie streete, Nathan Clarke, gavin Massey) and we end up with a lad that's been released from frigging Newport. Finding it hard to be positive about this one I'm
Aftaid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 134
Rick12
May 22, 2017, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

Near enough every player in our squad, and I daresay every other L2 clubs' squads, have been released at some point in their career.
And with respect thats why there playing at this level.By and large I mark success at a club by a sustained period of activity which is often followed by a move to a bigger and better club if ones a youngster .Hence young players who are are any good will often rise up the ranks in the lower leagues.Remember Harry Redknapp in a interview saying the same thing."Creme will rise to the top." And that will be the case if you have genuine ability and mental strength

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 134
mariner91
May 22, 2017, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Rick12
And with respect thats why there playing at this level.By and large I mark success at a club by a sustained period of activity which is often followed by a move to a bigger and better club if ones a youngster .Hence young players who are are any good will more often than not rise up the ranks in the lower leagues.Remember Harry Redknapp in a interview saying the same thing."Creme will rise to the top." And that will be the case if you have genuine ability and mental strength

But we're not at the top, we're nowhere near it. Do you honestly expect every player we sign to be on some sort of meteoric rise to the Premier League?! We're a L2 club. We'll hopefully cherry pick some of the talent from divisions below us, there'll be a pool of players who are released from clubs in our league or the one above that may be of interest to us and there'll be youngsters released from bigger clubs who are looking to restart their career. Nearly all of them will have been released at some point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 134
MuddyWaters
May 22, 2017, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Superdan147
I can only assume he's going to be a squad player giving competition to mccalister. Newport fans not impressed by him at all. I hoped our first signing would be one of quality (remie streete, Nathan Clarke, gavin Massey) and we end up with a lad that's been released from frigging Newport. Finding it hard to be positive about this one I'm
Aftaid

Here we go again. We're not flipping Barcelona, we're a mid-table League 2 club who have taken a 22 year old who has already had significant game time from another L2 club. Who knows, he may have told Newport he wanted to move back north and his agent had already sounded us out? More than anything, give the lad a chance!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 134
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 22, 2017, 5:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Strikes me that Slade & Wilkie have identified particular areas of play they need to strengthen which is a bit different to just signing another central midfield player.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 134
Rick12
May 22, 2017, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

But we're not at the top, we're nowhere near it. Do you honestly expect every player we sign to be on some sort of meteoric rise to the Premier League?! We're a L2 club. We'll hopefully cherry pick some of the talent from divisions below us, there'll be a pool of players who are released from clubs in our league or the one above that may be of interest to us and there'll be youngsters released from bigger clubs who are looking to restart their career. Nearly all of them will have been released at some point.
I agree your right.All boils down to money though doesnt it.Players if there any good will want to secure a deal thats best for themselves if their talent permits it.You cant blame them really though

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 134
TheGoalKipper
May 22, 2017, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Well he's a posotive sounding lad and we do need someone in the middle to win the ball for us. How many times have the fans kept saying the opposition just walked straight through us? RS has moved to fix that problem so i'm happy to see how the lad goes.Good luck son

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mitch Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.