2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 21, 2017, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Slade might really fancy him after that and give him a clean slate for pre season.....however....Browne might be totally uninterested in playing for us and seek a move himself which i think will be the case personally.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
jimgtfc
May 21, 2017, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Why do people think Browne wants out? I don't get it, have I missed something? He only signed for us less than 12 months ago and was prepared to play for us then. He just had a terrible time with his obvious personal issues which meant he wasn't playing, then when he returned he fell out of favour probably because his mind wasn't on football. But he's gone away, played games, and done well by most accounts. I'm sure his dad would like him to give it another shot here and at league football, hopefully that's enough motivation for him.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Swansea_Mariner
May 21, 2017, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Yeah I just don't get these comments as a young lad surely he's desperate to make a go of it at a league club. Why would he intentionally want to drop out of the league?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
HertsGTFC
May 21, 2017, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jimgtfc
Why do people think Browne wants out? I don't get it, have I missed something? He only signed for us less than 12 months ago and was prepared to play for us then. He just had a terrible time with his obvious personal issues which meant he wasn't playing, then when he returned he fell out of favour probably because his mind wasn't on football. But he's gone away, played games, and done well by most accounts. I'm sure his dad would like him to give it another shot here and at league football, hopefully that's enough motivation for him.

Exactly! On the basis of a decent 5 months at a mid table NL club would he really be able to garner a decent move? Not sure, What I do know is that RS has enough savvy and man management skill/experience to understand Rhys's journey in the last 12 months and make sure he was well looked after "when" he comes back..

Always thought it was a bad move by MB to send him out on loan when he was having a tough time personally, we should have brought him back and put him under the wing of the likes of Dis, Shaun, Ben Davis and Josh Gowling etc...whilst getting a wide player back into first team contention.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
KingstonMariner
May 21, 2017, 11:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Forgot about Summerfield until he was roundly booed by York fans when he came on as a late sub for Macc.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Abdul19
May 22, 2017, 12:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
There's never a more dangerous time than after you've just scored, goes the old cliché.

Unless the opposition bring Luke Summerfield on, of course.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Garth
May 22, 2017, 11:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Is Summerfield the right sort of player who will win you promotion when all he can get is a bit part at Wembley in a National league trophy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's Shop Window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.