May 21, 2017, 4:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Final score was 4-0 att was about 17,500- 18,000

About 4,500 from Cleethorpes

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Welwynmariner
May 21, 2017, 4:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Just back
I thought Clee did OK against a very good side. The penalty was a disaster but it was a stonewall penno. Then the free kick routine was well worked.

Towards the end the Clee players were just about out on their feet. Peter Winn could hardly hobble.

Anyway - good for them. Had they been a bit quicker in the SS area they might have got one back, but not to be.

Good turnout of Town fans but a lot of SS supporters - around ten thousand in their end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
moosey_club
May 21, 2017, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Only watched the first 45 mins, no real spectacle in watching such a one sided game...Lowe at right back, despite the penalty looked the most capable of the Clee players IMO.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
fleabag1970
May 21, 2017, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Great effort by clee today . Had there chance gone in at 0-0 . Who knows but tbf south shields looked like the had 3or4 lads who wouldn't look out of place in league 2  . Special mention to the clee keeper who pulled off a Gordon banks save in the first half and was my mom

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
KingstonMariner
May 21, 2017, 7:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Clee keeper played a blinder. Kept the score respectable. Only a little lad too. South Shields deserved winners and don't think the score flattered them.

Proud of Clee though. Brought it home when the players did a reverse Millwall and climbed into the crowd.

York fans disappointing in the second game. Macc made most of the noise second half. drunk me off when they did the 'Yarkshire' thing too. What's up with just being York?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
MarinerRob
May 21, 2017, 9:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Went to Wembley today to see Cleethorpes Town but unfortunately they lost 4-0. However, they had a good go and South Shields (SS) were a pretty good side and from a league above, I believe. This win gave them a Quadruple (of trophies) so was not surprising.

In the first half the first 20 minutes it was all South Shields and then Cleethorpes got more stuck in and were having their best session. Unfortunately they gave away a penalty just before half time. 1-0. SS were the better side but it was harsh on Cleethorpes hard work.

Second half started in the same format. 20 minutes of pressure and then again Cleethorpes were getting back in the game. Unfortunately, again, about 15 minutes to go they got their second. But Cleethorpes kept going but cramp and tiredness played a part allowing SS to get two late, very well taken goals.

SS were the better side but Cleethorpes did not deserve a 4-0 defeat. Deserved to be proud of their efforts.Seemed very strange with mention of the Mariners (SS nickname) in the program and they have their own Poundland version of The Mighty Mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Hagrid
May 21, 2017, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Just back home. Been a very long day. Clee can be very proud of themselves, gave it their all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
KingstonMariner
May 21, 2017, 11:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinerRob
Went to Wembley today to see Cleethorpes Town but unfortunately they lost 4-0. However, they had a good go and South Shields (SS) were a pretty good side and from a league above, I believe. This win gave them a Quadruple (of trophies) so was not surprising.

In the first half the first 20 minutes it was all South Shields and then Cleethorpes got more stuck in and were having their best session. Unfortunately they gave away a penalty just before half time. 1-0. SS were the better side but it was harsh on Cleethorpes hard work.

Second half started in the same format. 20 minutes of pressure and then again Cleethorpes were getting back in the game. Unfortunately, again, about 15 minutes to go they got their second. But Cleethorpes kept going but cramp and tiredness played a part allowing SS to get two late, very well taken goals.

SS were the better side but Cleethorpes did not deserve a 4-0 defeat. Deserved to be proud of their efforts.Seemed very strange with mention of the Mariners (SS nickname) in the program and they have their own Poundland version of The Mighty Mariner.

Forgot about the Mighty Mariner. Strange not to be able to shout 'Mariners' at corners.

Shout out too to the Clee 'Ultras'. Kept it going all through the second half.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
topuphere666
May 22, 2017, 7:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
What's the issue with Clee and Curtis Woodhouse, he's been involved in a little spat with their vice chairman?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
mariner83
May 22, 2017, 7:43am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from topuphere666
What's the issue with Clee and Curtis Woodhouse, he's been involved in a little spat with their vice chairman?

Probably applied for a job there & got rejected.  Seems to be his issue with most chairmen

(Do I need to stick an allegedly in there somewhere?)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Town (Wembley) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.