Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What will you be doing over the summer ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 143 Guests

What will you be doing over the summer ?

This thread currently has 4,515 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 20, 2017, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Now the footy has finished I just wondered how you will fill your Saturdays now.

For me nothing exciting, just renovating the house and as I live just behind Willy's Wine Bar I will be enjoying a few beers in the sun in Cleethorpes and watching the world go by when not working and walking the dogs.

I'll probably watch some England cricket on the telly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2017, 9:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sounds like heaven PP.

I'll probably waste my time. Not doing all the jobs that need doing. When I can motivate myself I'll be on my bike panting like a dog up the hills in Richmond Park.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
ginnywings
May 20, 2017, 10:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Went for a walk on Tetney Marshes today, which was curtailed by the mass of black cloud heading our way, so we went shopping for stuff for our impending 3 week trip to the Lakes and Scotland. Starting the day after the election, we are going to Windermere with daughter of Mrs Ginny, who is swimming the lake for charity, then after the weekend daughter goes home and we are meandering up through the Lakes for the rest of the week, onto Dumfries and Galloway, then catching the ferry to Arran for a couple of days, then ferry again to Kintyre, driving up to Oban and a long ferry trip out to the Isle of Barra, before spending the rest of the week meandering up to the Islands of Lewis and Harris, before getting yet another ferry to Skye and spending a week there in a thatched cottage by Loch Ainort. Plenty of walking, drinking, eating and relaxing.

Next Saturday, we will likely be at the cider and folk festival at the miniature railway, unless we decide to go away for the bank holiday weekend. So most Saturdays until the end of June are sorted, then the footy will be starting with friendlies. Probably going to do a few weekends away next season, somewhere at or near to where Town are playing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 20, 2017, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Delve myself in my guilty pleasure and watch the end of the egg chasing in the UK and from NZ until July 8th, then a bit of cricket to see me through till the first EFL game

Don't do pre season but might go to Boston and will definitely go to Dis's benefit game if it actually happens.  

My 50th at the end of June so that will probably take a few days out of the calendar before I spend time on here trying to make out I know what I'm talking about with regard to all the signings we will (need to) make.      

Apart from that work - beer - sleep as normal.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
chaos33
May 20, 2017, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from ginnywings
Went for a walk on Tetney Marshes today, which was curtailed by the mass of black cloud heading our way, so we went shopping for stuff for our impending 3 week trip to the Lakes and Scotland. Starting the day after the election, we are going to Windermere with daughter of Mrs Ginny, who is swimming the lake for charity, then after the weekend daughter goes home and we are meandering up through the Lakes for the rest of the week, onto Dumfries and Galloway, then catching the ferry to Arran for a couple of days, then ferry again to Kintyre, driving up to Oban and a long ferry trip out to the Isle of Barra, before spending the rest of the week meandering up to the Islands of Lewis and Harris, before getting yet another ferry to Skye and spending a week there in a thatched cottage by Loch Ainort. Plenty of walking, drinking, eating and relaxing.

Next Saturday, we will likely be at the cider and folk festival at the miniature railway, unless we decide to go away for the bank holiday weekend. So most Saturdays until the end of June are sorted, then the footy will be starting with friendlies. Probably going to do a few weekends away next season, somewhere at or near to where Town are playing.

Can I just say that I envy you hugely mate. Loch Ainort is beautiful - right amongst the red hills on Skye and in the lap of Glamaig - you should climb it if you can find the energy. Likewise Marsco - the best mountain on Skye outwith the Cuillin and Blaven probably.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
mrsd
May 20, 2017, 10:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Waiting for the new season to start ⚽️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
ginnywings
May 20, 2017, 10:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33

Can I just say that I envy you hugely mate. Loch Ainort is beautiful - right amongst the red hills on Skye and in the lap of Glamaig - you should climb it if you can find the energy. Likewise Marsco - the best mountain on Skye outwith the Cuillin and Blaven probably.

Thanks for the heads up. I doubt i'll be climbing Glamaig, it looks very high, pointy and steep to me but you never know, ill see when i get there. Probably beyond my fitness levels if i'm honest.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2017, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Windermere must be effing freezing in June. So hats off to her. Thinking about doing the Water Rats swim in September.

Think it was Loch Ainort I stayed in in a B&B yonks ago with the first Mrs K. Beautiful spot. Had fantastic fresh lobster in the local pub. Landlord of the B&B was from the Caistor area I think. Moved up there and got himself a boat catching lobster and other stuff close to shore.

Ah, and great news about the folk festival next weekend. Good timing to take the kids to visit the old lady  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
May 20, 2017, 11:50pm
Guest User
I'll be enjoying a break from football. Towns season has been so up and down, no cup run as such. A few hidings, no chance of going down or bothering the play offs. Prem football, I can't stand it anymore - so sick of the diving, the cheating. The foreign owners, average foreign players, foreign managers mean I just don't related to it as being any more English than serie A. I'm sick of seeing weakened teams being fielded in the FA Cup and now even in league games. Disgusts me and only served to turn me off football even more.

Anyway, I've taken up jogging (huffing), the gym and to counter that I'm sure there will be a few boozy weekends away or just up Clee with a beer hopefully catching some rays. Big gardening job on, start tomorrow (maybe).
Reply: 8 - 36
Spidey
May 21, 2017, 12:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Oohhh I'm seeing Katy Perry in 'ULL next Saturday, then Guns n Roses a few weeks after that at the Olympic Stadium, both pale in comparison to GTFC, though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
CairnsMariner
May 21, 2017, 12:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Your summer is my winter,  not that it ever gets proper cold,  so it's NRL time  and following the North Queensland Cowboys for me (and the Maroons in State Of Origin) I have got a trip to Sydney and a holiday in Bali coming up too. But other than that it will be continuing to work on the house,  in the garden and finishing the deck around the pool this winter.  Need to get a bit fitter too so will be taking long walks (can't run anymore) to try and shed a few kilos.

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
promotion plaice
May 21, 2017, 12:52am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from CairnsMariner
Your summer is my winter,  not that it ever gets proper cold,  so it's NRL time  and following the North Queensland Cowboys for me (and the Maroons in State Of Origin) I have got a trip to Sydney and a holiday in Bali coming up too. But other than that it will be continuing to work on the house,  in the garden and finishing the deck around the pool this winter.  Need to get a bit fitter too so will be taking long walks (can't run anymore) to try and shed a few kilos.

Ib

I lived on logan road in Brisbane for a short time for what it is worth

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
hheh2
May 21, 2017, 3:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
I'll be in Skye over the summer June through July. Good to know there will be another Mariner in close proximity!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Mrs Doyle
May 21, 2017, 5:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I'll be getting my tackle out.....................................................................hoping to catch a few fishes.

Boat booked on the Broards for June. Restaurants pubs,fish................. no driving or work five mph tranquillity before the madness starts again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Grumps
May 21, 2017, 6:22am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
In the main will be helping out with horse related events at Caistor and then taking my grand daughter to spend a week in Aberdeen to see her dad and of course the dreaded gardening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
acko338
May 21, 2017, 7:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Currently watching the Town badge flying each day in the Spanish resort of Fuengirola.

Mariners on the Marina - portside restaurant where all Town fans are given a warm welcome !!

Just starting week 2 of summer hols.

Debating who would be needed to make Town a promotion seeking team.

Have a great off season ,everyone !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
gary_elton
May 21, 2017, 8:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
There's a jungle of a garden that needs sorting... so I hope her Ladyship gets on with that while I am in Spain singing to earn a crust.... ☺

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
LH
May 21, 2017, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Training for a half marathon in September, playing a bit of golf, decorating the house and reading the inane comments on here mostly.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
GYinScuntland
May 21, 2017, 10:27am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
I'll be spending a lot of time at my static in Ingoldmells and in Skegvegas, dozens of bars in the area some shite and some average
Also the advantage of lots of people watching, chubby Notts lasses fighting are particularly good.
(Leave her Kaz, she ain't worth it...)
Some Gigs sorted... Rebellion festival at Blackpool, U2 in Dublin and a few trips to Germany.
(Hamburg / Berlin) although I'll be using Ryanair rather than Lancaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
friskneymariner
May 21, 2017, 10:40am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from CairnsMariner

Love a trip back to Cairns,to go on the Kuanda Express and spend a day with the Tjabakai.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
forza ivano
May 21, 2017, 12:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LH
Training for a half marathon in September, playing a bit of golf, decorating the house and reading the inane comments on here mostly.

Did my first half last week and got another along the Aylesbury and wendover canals in September . Will be trying to help north Marston and  granborough c.c. Maintain their record of only having lost once in 2.5 seasons. Plus the garden needs constant attention and no doubt downing large amounts of beechwood ale in the pilgrim
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
livosnose
May 21, 2017, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Flying home for lots,of beers in message in a bottle.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
cmackenzie4
May 21, 2017, 3:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Quoted from chaos33

I've done Blaven and Marsco Phil.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
grimsby pete
May 21, 2017, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I will be trying to lose 2 stone so I can have my knee replacement operation.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Grimal
May 21, 2017, 3:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
It's my 70th end of June and the Mrs.Grim is treating me to a holiday in Moscow and St.Petersburg, not sure if she's organised tea and cake with Mr. Putin  .Then back in July to some tournaments, playing Walking footie with The Ancient Mariners Walking Football Club. UTAMWFC.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
Posh Harry
May 21, 2017, 7:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I've done Blaven and Marsco Phil.

Didn't realise you were that way inclined Chris 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 21, 2017, 11:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Hopefully taking Harrison in his first holiday. But, working as much as I can to pay for a weekend away with my 2 oldest mates.

Have set a target of losing a bit of timber as well so fingers crossed! But the mixture of BBQ's
And beer festivals don't help

Oh yeah, and it's the lions tour in New Zealand

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
MarinersOnTheUp
May 21, 2017, 11:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
A week in Benidorm followed by getting a ferry to south east Ireland and for  a week in a cottage  then travelling up to Dublin for a few days before flying home.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 21, 2017, 11:33pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will be trying to lose 2 stone so I can have my knee replacement operation.

Good look mate. That's a lot but with a clear target I'm sure you'll do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
arryarryarry
May 22, 2017, 4:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GYinScuntland

a few trips to Germany.
(Hamburg / Berlin) although I'll be using Ryanair rather than Lancaster.

Considering how much some of those illegitimates in the EU are saying we will have to pay them, I'd rather go over in a Lancaster.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
thevera
May 22, 2017, 11:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
I have an exciting month ahead thanks to obtaining some special events tickets.
Starting next Monday when I will be at Lords in the members section watching England v South Africa in a ODI. Then the following week it's on to Scunthorpe for Arcade Fire followed by a couple of weeks later Arcade Fire again, Kasabian, Kings of Leon Alt J and Public Service Broadcasting among many others at Zagreb music Festival then the following weekend is over the bridge to Hull for Flaming Lips and PSB again. Then to top it off in early July golf at Moortown Leeds.
After all that  we shouldn't be too far off the start of the new season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
psgmariner
May 22, 2017, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Quoted from thevera
I have an exciting month ahead thanks to obtaining some special events tickets.
Starting next Monday when I will be at Lords in the members section watching England v South Africa in a ODI. Then the following week it's on to Scunthorpe for Arcade Fire followed by a couple of weeks later Arcade Fire again, Kasabian, Kings of Leon Alt J and Public Service Broadcasting among many others at Zagreb music Festival then the following weekend is over the bridge to Hull for Flaming Lips and PSB again. Then to top it off in early July golf at Moortown Leeds.
After all that  we shouldn't be too far off the start of the new season

You are Andrew Newman and I claim my £5.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
grimsby pete
May 23, 2017, 9:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Good look mate. That's a lot but with a clear target I'm sure you'll do it.

Thanks for that the first 7lb has gone, I have until the middle of August to lose the rest,

THEN

I will go on the waiting list which is about 4 months,

So once it is off I will have to keep it off.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
denni266
May 23, 2017, 8:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
cruising on the norfolk broads and a spot or to of fishing. for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
ginnywings
May 23, 2017, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from denni266
cruising on the norfolk broads and a spot or to of fishing. for me

'Ello sailor.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
Civvy at last
May 23, 2017, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from ginnywings

'Ello sailor.  

Steady on  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
rancido
May 23, 2017, 8:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Moving house and dreading every effing minute of it !!!!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What will you be doing over the summer ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.