Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What will you be doing over the summer ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 173 Guests

What will you be doing over the summer ?

This thread currently has 4,534 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 20, 2017, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193

Now the footy has finished I just wondered how you will fill your Saturdays now.

For me nothing exciting, just renovating the house and as I live just behind Willy's Wine Bar I will be enjoying a few beers in the sun in Cleethorpes and watching the world go by when not working and walking the dogs.

I'll probably watch some England cricket on the telly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2017, 9:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sounds like heaven PP.

I'll probably waste my time. Not doing all the jobs that need doing. When I can motivate myself I'll be on my bike panting like a dog up the hills in Richmond Park.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
ginnywings
May 20, 2017, 10:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Went for a walk on Tetney Marshes today, which was curtailed by the mass of black cloud heading our way, so we went shopping for stuff for our impending 3 week trip to the Lakes and Scotland. Starting the day after the election, we are going to Windermere with daughter of Mrs Ginny, who is swimming the lake for charity, then after the weekend daughter goes home and we are meandering up through the Lakes for the rest of the week, onto Dumfries and Galloway, then catching the ferry to Arran for a couple of days, then ferry again to Kintyre, driving up to Oban and a long ferry trip out to the Isle of Barra, before spending the rest of the week meandering up to the Islands of Lewis and Harris, before getting yet another ferry to Skye and spending a week there in a thatched cottage by Loch Ainort. Plenty of walking, drinking, eating and relaxing.

Next Saturday, we will likely be at the cider and folk festival at the miniature railway, unless we decide to go away for the bank holiday weekend. So most Saturdays until the end of June are sorted, then the footy will be starting with friendlies. Probably going to do a few weekends away next season, somewhere at or near to where Town are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 20, 2017, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
Delve myself in my guilty pleasure and watch the end of the egg chasing in the UK and from NZ until July 8th, then a bit of cricket to see me through till the first EFL game

Don't do pre season but might go to Boston and will definitely go to Dis's benefit game if it actually happens.  

My 50th at the end of June so that will probably take a few days out of the calendar before I spend time on here trying to make out I know what I'm talking about with regard to all the signings we will (need to) make.      

Apart from that work - beer - sleep as normal.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
chaos33
May 20, 2017, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ginnywings
Went for a walk on Tetney Marshes today, which was curtailed by the mass of black cloud heading our way, so we went shopping for stuff for our impending 3 week trip to the Lakes and Scotland. Starting the day after the election, we are going to Windermere with daughter of Mrs Ginny, who is swimming the lake for charity, then after the weekend daughter goes home and we are meandering up through the Lakes for the rest of the week, onto Dumfries and Galloway, then catching the ferry to Arran for a couple of days, then ferry again to Kintyre, driving up to Oban and a long ferry trip out to the Isle of Barra, before spending the rest of the week meandering up to the Islands of Lewis and Harris, before getting yet another ferry to Skye and spending a week there in a thatched cottage by Loch Ainort. Plenty of walking, drinking, eating and relaxing.

Next Saturday, we will likely be at the cider and folk festival at the miniature railway, unless we decide to go away for the bank holiday weekend. So most Saturdays until the end of June are sorted, then the footy will be starting with friendlies. Probably going to do a few weekends away next season, somewhere at or near to where Town are playing.

Can I just say that I envy you hugely mate. Loch Ainort is beautiful - right amongst the red hills on Skye and in the lap of Glamaig - you should climb it if you can find the energy. Likewise Marsco - the best mountain on Skye outwith the Cuillin and Blaven probably.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
mrsd
May 20, 2017, 10:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Waiting for the new season to start ⚽️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
ginnywings
May 20, 2017, 10:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

Can I just say that I envy you hugely mate. Loch Ainort is beautiful - right amongst the red hills on Skye and in the lap of Glamaig - you should climb it if you can find the energy. Likewise Marsco - the best mountain on Skye outwith the Cuillin and Blaven probably.

Thanks for the heads up. I doubt i'll be climbing Glamaig, it looks very high, pointy and steep to me but you never know, ill see when i get there. Probably beyond my fitness levels if i'm honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2017, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Windermere must be effing freezing in June. So hats off to her. Thinking about doing the Water Rats swim in September.

Think it was Loch Ainort I stayed in in a B&B yonks ago with the first Mrs K. Beautiful spot. Had fantastic fresh lobster in the local pub. Landlord of the B&B was from the Caistor area I think. Moved up there and got himself a boat catching lobster and other stuff close to shore.

Ah, and great news about the folk festival next weekend. Good timing to take the kids to visit the old lady  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
May 20, 2017, 11:50pm
Guest User
I'll be enjoying a break from football. Towns season has been so up and down, no cup run as such. A few hidings, no chance of going down or bothering the play offs. Prem football, I can't stand it anymore - so sick of the diving, the cheating. The foreign owners, average foreign players, foreign managers mean I just don't related to it as being any more English than serie A. I'm sick of seeing weakened teams being fielded in the FA Cup and now even in league games. Disgusts me and only served to turn me off football even more.

Anyway, I've taken up jogging (huffing), the gym and to counter that I'm sure there will be a few boozy weekends away or just up Clee with a beer hopefully catching some rays. Big gardening job on, start tomorrow (maybe).
Reply: 8 - 36
Spidey
May 21, 2017, 12:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
Oohhh I'm seeing Katy Perry in 'ULL next Saturday, then Guns n Roses a few weeks after that at the Olympic Stadium, both pale in comparison to GTFC, though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What will you be doing over the summer ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.