Lincoln Mariner 56
May 19, 2017, 12:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,642
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from moosey_club

Fluff me...Pearson sells one step over in over 200 appearances and he is compared to Maradonna !!!    

Some of us can from that stepover see his potential others may struggle to appreciate what this may lead to once we introduce Shaun to the "fisted goal technique" which should make him the complete player leading to a possible call up for the 2018 World Cup.

Alternatively, he may as rumoured sign for Wrexham. Not sure of these is the most likely which makes football such a fascinating game !!!

Needs to stop raining as I need to get out & away from the computer😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
Marinerz93
May 19, 2017, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from A.l.f.
My take is that personalties like Shaun come along only once in a while.  He was always involved with the community and presentations and Black and White through and through.  Because of this he was responsible for lots of folk going to Blundell park, which in turn not only brought a bond between players and fans but also helped increase revenue.
He was a passionate player for us and 'got us fans' and what our football club means to us, as did Diz.
RS may bring in a better player, but finding someone as committed and hard working will not happen.
Shaun was improving so i feel he was worth a 2 year deal and think the club have been foolish to only offer a 1 year deal as some have hinted.
Have to say that i will miss him being around.

Agree with the above, who'd have thought Lever would make it from League 2 level to Championship level.

What ever the circumstances I am gutted Shaun has gone, a player who would run through a brick wall and put his body on the line for the cause. I hope he gets a decent club, all the best Shaun. It's a sad day when we lose yet another legend that got us out of the abyss.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
lee65
May 19, 2017, 12:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
As opposed to Alan Pouton, who used to sell 200 step overs in one appearance  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 19, 2017, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1542
Maybe it's time to come out and give an explanation to the Clubs LOYAL fans??!

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly.

LIES, LIES and more LIES

Why?

I haven't noticed any community spirit being destroyed on the Fishy or anywhere else for that matter by either the Disley or Pearson releases. OK fans like to know. OK some fans know some players personally. OK maybe some younger fans feel a bit emotional about the dismantling of the side that got them the first promotion they've ever seen.

But the club isn't duty bound to consult anyone or even inform fans of what goes on behind closed doors. Not everything that is in the GT comes from the club either. Some players can be a bit naughty, selective and misleading about what they say and not every GT reporter or RH commentator is 100% reliable in what they say for any number of reasons. Plus, social media is a ready made poisoned chalice.

But why so bothered? There's nobody's life at stake here is there? We move on. Players move on. The club has to move on. In football, standing still means going backwards.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
Posh Harry
May 19, 2017, 1:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

interesting point.one i hadn't thought of certainly

ps my sauce/sorss/source tells me that pearson , surprisingly, is moving up in the world to Div 1. You don't have to be too SHREWd to work out where that may be !

DoH!

😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
LongEatonMariner
May 19, 2017, 1:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Following the club statement I assume the OP is now hanging his / her head in shame, whilst seeking out Mr Fenty to apologise ....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
forza ivano
May 19, 2017, 1:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Posh Harry

DoH!

😉

he never was any good with geography...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Posh Harry
May 19, 2017, 1:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from TAGG

So we will suffer budget wise now because Fenty let his choice as Manager go crazy in January.
Just shows what an idiot Fenty is.
Appoints a lunatic and then let's him take over the asylum.

In January we signed osbourne, jones, Clements, yussuf and Asante. Off the top of my head all the others were loans (with gunning on a short term contract). Loans will not effect this years budget and of the players named which are we saying we would prefer not to have. Most would say osbourne and jones were excellent signings, Asante has impressed in the little seen, Clements splits opinion (looks a decent player to me) and we have seen little of yussuf to make full judgement (although maybe the management already have). I don't know this but I would make an educated guess that those coming from non league would get a pay rise but be on less than an established league player (I have no proof of this) and the other 2 were not wanted by their own clubs so I'm guessing were hardly commanding a massive wage.

At the start of the season we signed a number of players on a 2 yr contract including summerfield, berret, Boyce, vernon and Browne. We have not really seen Browne so difficult to make judgement. Vernon is another who splits opinion although personally I think he CDAJATL but, but due to age, background, and the fact that we were about to start the season very light up front, I suspect he will be one of highest earners in the club. The other 3 by general consensus, are squad players at best, shouldn't have been signed at worst. All 3 league players (although 2 just relegated) so commanding decent wages and we even paid a fee for Berret ffs, so who is to blame if there is a lack of a budget next year? Not sure it's totally MB of JF. JF will have been guided by PH and would have thought it wise to trust his judgement. MB had many negatives whether that be tactics, motivation, man management etc, but from what I can see, he does have an eye for a player.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2017, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Posh Harry

In January we signed osbourne, jones, Clements, yussuf and Asante. Off the top of my head all the others were loans (with gunning on a short term contract). Loans will not effect this years budget and of the players named which are we saying we would prefer not to have. Most would say osbourne and jones were excellent signings, Asante has impressed in the little seen, Clements splits opinion (looks a decent player to me) and we have seen little of yussuf to make full judgement (although maybe the management already have). I don't know this but I would make an educated guess that those coming from non league would get a pay rise but be on less than an established league player (I have no proof of this) and the other 2 were not wanted by their own clubs so I'm guessing were hardly commanding a massive wage.

At the start of the season we signed a number of players on a 2 yr contract including summerfield, berret, Boyce, vernon and Browne. We have not really seen Browne so difficult to make judgement. Vernon is another who splits opinion although personally I think he CDAJATL but, but due to age, background, and the fact that we were about to start the season very light up front, I suspect he will be one of highest earners in the club. The other 3 by general consensus, are squad players at best, shouldn't have been signed at worst. All 3 league players (although 2 just relegated) so commanding decent wages and we even paid a fee for Berret ffs, so who is to blame if there is a lack of a budget next year? Not sure it's totally MB of JF. JF will have been guided by PH and would have thought it wise to trust his judgement. MB had many negatives whether that be tactics, motivation, man management etc, but from what I can see, he does have an eye for a player.

UTFM

To my untrained eye, Berrett & Vernon looked much better in the few games Slade played them than they ever did under Bignot or Hurst. Hurst, for some bizarre reason even stuck Berrett on the left wing.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
May 19, 2017, 2:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1542
Maybe it's time to come out and give an explanation to the Clubs LOYAL fans??!

The Heart ripped out of the Club over a couple of weeks. Lies about contract offers and negotiations!! To be quite frank, nothing that comes out of GTFC at the moment can be taken at face value. I would also suggest that you also think you are bigger than the Club and perhaps don't feel the need to explain??!!

The Club is absolutely urine poor at PR too. The way that these loyal players are being treated will no doubt cost the Club in ST sales too. Marketing is rubbish too, you could have planned those ST sales effectively like many other clubs to increase your sales too.

You have managed to destroy that 'Community Spirit' that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years!!

Time to 'grow a pair' and come out and explain, openly and honestly.

LIES, LIES and more LIES

There is a certain sense of irony in the op's post , perhaps he should have waited and got his facts right before chucking all of the toys out of the pram....
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FTAO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.