5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
May 15, 2017, 7:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
So he scored 18 goals at Conference North level and NO ONE had heard of him?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
scrumble
May 15, 2017, 7:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from mimma
We can't match their wages unfortunately.  It's just the way it is, we've stood still for the past 15 years, they've moved on.

By 'moved on' you mean ran up a shed load of debts, and then gone into admin half a dozen times.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
fleabag1970
May 15, 2017, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If 300k a month is being pumped in up the m180 the mind boggles at the state of the lower leagues . Relatively speaking its no better the the championship .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
HertsGTFC
May 15, 2017, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from chaos33
But it wasn't Hurst that wanted him at that stage so no point in asking for credit for him. Interesting to note that Hurst didn't reallocate Podge either. He might be good at some things, but picking a good striker ain't one of them.

Might not have signed them if "reports" are to be believed but he selected them, one ended up joint top scorer in the NL in 15/16 and was voted NL POTY and the others goals secured the POs and ultimately within 18 months turned a 50K investment into £1 million plus income. One of the Fishy's 10 commandments  is though "Thou shall not praise Hurst".

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
ex-merseymariner
May 15, 2017, 8:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariners_15
Donny link doesn't surprise me, was thinking if going there was a possibility a few weeks back, still fairly local and him and Ferguson know each other from their Posh days..

I think he's played for Scunny boss Graham Alexander at Fleetwood too.........

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
chaos33
May 15, 2017, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Might not have signed them if "reports" are to be believed but he selected them, one ended up joint top scorer in the NL in 15/16 and was voted NL POTY and the others goals secured the POs and ultimately within 18 months turned a 50K investment into £1 million plus income. One of the Fishy's 10 commandments  is though "Thou shall not praise Hurst".

JF gets the credit for the Bogle capture and sale. Hurst left him out the team half the time. Hurst signed Podge but evidently didn't think he was good enough to bother about once we'd returned to L2. He was wrong. Still, Tomlinson was good wasn't he.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
HertsGTFC
May 15, 2017, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from chaos33

JF gets the credit for the Bogle capture and sale. Hurst left him out the team half the time. Hurst signed Podge but evidently didn't think he was good enough to bother about once we'd returned to L2. He was wrong. Still, Tomlinson was good wasn't he.

So are we saying the JF went shopping and just turned up at BP and told PH he'd " bought Bogle deal with it" Abramvich style?

Tomlinson was sh1t Palmer was ok though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
golfer
May 16, 2017, 7:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
I think you will find a lot of our good signings were first spotted on The Fishy before the managers got out of bed. The Fishy should be thanked for bringing these players to the managers attention-we didn't spot Strakers "legs" if I remember rightly'from the video,though..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
codcheeky
May 16, 2017, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from golfer
I think you will find a lot of our good signings were first spotted on The Fishy before the managers got out of bed. The Fishy should be thanked for bringing these players to the managers attention-we didn't spot Strakers "legs" if I remember rightly'from the video,though..

Utter nonsense
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Mariner_09
May 16, 2017, 8:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Rubbish, when did this board suggest we sign Amond, Tait, Magnay, Andrew, Mills, Pearson, Gowling, Collins, Townsend, Arnold, Nolan, McKeown, Clay and John Lewis.

I admit that we advocate the signings of Toto, Hearn and others but that was the first we'd heard of most of those players.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.