4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 10:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
If anyone wants the video, DM me your email address and I can send it to you, no problems!

Just bear with me because I might not be able to do it straight away  

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 8:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Just watched it again-twice. Don't think i'll ever tire of watching it and although it was a p1sser on the day when they pulled it back to 2-1 with plenty of time left in the game, i'm now glad they did, as it just made that third goal all the more sweet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
diehardmariner
May 19, 2017, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,529
Gold Stars: 536
Every time I see one of these videos pop up I think 'Nah, it won't get me this time'.  Then as soon as it gets to that bit where Nolan starts running at their backline the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, by the time Hoban's deflected shot falls to Arnold I'm in bits.

At that moment it wasn't joy, it wasn't delight, it was just sheer and utter relief.  JT sums it up brilliantly with "the agony is finally over".

Great work, Rich.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 19, 2017, 11:59am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Yes.  Just relief for me too

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
FishOutOfWater
May 19, 2017, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93

It wasn't just that Nathan scored that vital 3rd goal for us but his reaction as he ran to the Town fans gets me every time. Knowing what he'd been through emotionally with his mum and the strain the players had been under was all of a sudden of release of emotions from jumping around like a loon to being in tears, a truly magical moment in our history that will live with me forever.

You're spot on mate with this... when the ball went in and we'd scored I was just ecstatic and acting like a loon, jumping all the over the place, hugging everyone around me

The celebratory run he then made to the corner wasn't appreciated by me in real time from where I was standing, but when I saw it on film, that's when his emotion hit me

As I've said, as long as I live, that final minute will probably never be surpassed and will stay with me until my final breath.... absolutely out of this world

UTM GTID
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 36
RichMariner
May 20, 2017, 6:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Football is all about context. I could live until I'm 100, and that goal by Nathan Arnold might still be my favourite moment as a Town fan - despite it happening when we were a 5th tier club.

So, although I always want to see us win, and do our very best, at the highest level possible, football can be glorious at any level. It just needs a backstory.

We had one that day. Two play-off semi-final defeats (including some injustice at Gateshead), a play-off final defeat on penalties (after more injustice) and then, after being 2-0 up in the final - thinking we're pretty much there - FGR pull a goal back.

I won't forget how nervous I felt for the rest of the game.

It would've been great had the final whistle blown at 2-1, but we were given a 'moment' by the football gods (and by Arnold) that will live long in the memory.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
jaygy
May 20, 2017, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Does anyone remember the final whistle actually being blown? I have to say I wasn't even celebrating, I was in severe shock! There was a picture in the telegraph taken from behind Arnold and everyone in the corner is going mental pushing to the front and I am stood on the stairs, hands on my head not knowing whether to cry or go nuts 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "Look at the scenes behind the goal!"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.