Kris2
May 16, 2017, 1:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Excellent post by Heppy, totally agree with your sentiments.  Dale Vince is a man of high integrity, morals and values.  Is that a reason to attack FGR as a football club.....  He is passionate about animals, wildlife,and the environment, but hang on, in Grimsby fans eyes that makes him some kind of freak does it...... for actually caring about the planet.  Like the original poster, I fully welcome FGR into league football, the attitude of a lot of Grimsby fans on here is pathetic.  I would swap our Chairman for Dale Vince in a heartbeat.

UTM

You can paint it in a positive light but he's essentially another self righteous vegan who feels he needs to push his own values on others by forcing them to accept them literally. Vegan options only in the ground and for the players. A team bought and made a franchise just because they have "green" in the name it's not about the team or the fanbase they have it's all about Dale Vince and his vegan holier than thou show. That's why he's wanting to build an eco friendly stadium and wants to add more solar powered lawnmowers. You can be a rich hippy all you want but don't force feed people what you believe.

That doesn't make him a freak but looking like a character from Emmerdale does.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
LH
May 16, 2017, 1:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Rocking up at Wembley in his mum's shirt makes him a bit of a freak.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
majestic tees
May 16, 2017, 2:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -2
Personally, I find Dale Vince a thoughtful and principled man; his heart is in the right place, the players all seem to like him and there's nothing wrong with creating an environmentally sustainable football ground. No one is forcing supporters - home or away - to eat there. Plenty of pubs around in the Stroud area. As for size of support, we hate it when 'bigger' clubs look down on us. Yes, Vince subsidises FGR, but that applies to many owners across all the leagues. Time to be a little more open minded, I think.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
MuddyWaters
May 16, 2017, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Excellent post by Heppy, totally agree with your sentiments.  Dale Vince is a man of high integrity, morals and values.  Is that a reason to attack FGR as a football club.....  He is passionate about animals, wildlife,and the environment, but hang on, in Grimsby fans eyes that makes him some kind of freak does it...... for actually caring about the planet.  Like the original poster, I fully welcome FGR into league football, the attitude of a lot of Grimsby fans on here is pathetic. I would swap our Chairman for Dale Vince in a heartbeat.

UTM

As we haven't got a Chairman, that would be difficult.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
Mariner_09
May 16, 2017, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I wouldn't want that prat as our chairman in a month of Sundays! He's a self aggrandising, self-obsessed, self-righteous, sanctimonious, pompous, arrogant so far up his own bottom it's untrue. He makes an allegedly organic club totally financially unsustainable when he gets bored. He has got a club that loses £2.5m a year to the league and removed enjoyment for fans by force feeding his own veggie munching views on us by banning meat! I can't stand FGR or their prat of a chairman!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
TheCodfather1966
May 16, 2017, 4:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
I can think of another Chairman who fits into that description, he lives closer though,,,,,,,,,,

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
MuddyWaters
May 16, 2017, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I can think of another Chairman who fits into that description, he lives closer though,,,,,,,,,,

UTM

Nothing like the description. He sold fish and banned flasks and flags.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
pizzzza
May 16, 2017, 7:02pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from majestic tees
Personally, I find Dale Vince a thoughtful and principled man; his heart is in the right place, the players all seem to like him and there's nothing wrong with creating an environmentally sustainable football ground. No one is forcing supporters - home or away - to eat there. Plenty of pubs around in the Stroud area. As for size of support, we hate it when 'bigger' clubs look down on us. Yes, Vince subsidises FGR, but that applies to many owners across all the leagues. Time to be a little more open minded, I think.  

Welcome to The Fishy Dale.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
Grim74
May 16, 2017, 7:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from majestic tees

intercourse off Dale you bigot I want a steak and kidney pie when I watch the football.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
gtfc82
May 16, 2017, 8:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Does anyone know how many 'fans' Veggie Green had at the match?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Welcome FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.