5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 13, 2017, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I apologise in advance for uttering the obscenity of the words Pr****** Le**** but reading this really shows that football at the top level no longer belongs to the people. It is even more obscene than the PL.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being paid £143,000 by Manchester United for scoring a goal on top of £367,640 per week.

How can proper football fans possibly identify with clubs and players that do this? They are taking the p!ss out of you and me. It's Sky money just disappearing out of the game. I know it is a question of supply and demand. If someone offered me such a deal I'd take it as well. But this is the PL clubs bleeding the game dry and putting bu99er all back in.

The only good part of this is that their gamble hasn't paid off in the league and  I for one will definitely be supporting Ajax in the EC final.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
golfer
May 13, 2017, 10:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Tax the lot of them 99p in the pound Tax and put a wage cap and then see if they like playing football in their own countries
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
promotion plaice
May 13, 2017, 10:44am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
I apologise in advance for uttering the obscenity of the words Pr****** Le**** but reading this really shows that football at the top level no longer belongs to the people. It is even more obscene than the PL.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being paid £143,000 by Manchester United for scoring a goal on top of £367,640 per week.

How can proper football fans possibly identify with clubs and players that do this? They are taking the p!ss out of you and me. It's Sky money just disappearing out of the game. I know it is a question of supply and demand. If someone offered me such a deal I'd take it as well. But this is the PL clubs bleeding the game dry and putting bu99er all back in.

The only good part of this is that their gamble hasn't paid off in the league and  I for one will definitely be supporting Ajax in the EC final.

Agree with most of this but...
I will be supporting Man UTD in the final as I always support the English teams when playing against European opposition unless it's Hull City of course.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
codcheeky
May 13, 2017, 10:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Man utd pay what they think he is worth, you cannot blame a player for making as much as he can. It is supply and demand and despite all the money in the premier league there are less than a dozen who will score 20 goals year in year out, if Manure qualify for the champions league because of Zlatans goals it will be seen as a good investment
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Rick12
May 13, 2017, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Its not Zlatans fault.

Personally feel the money men are taking advantage of the beautiful game.Fans should vote with their feet and things would change

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2017, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

RRFC I don't want to send you over the edge but when you see that Zllatan, Pogba and Mikatarian (spelling) all have the same agent who made stupid money out of Manchester Utd in the last close season it just underlines the top level football world has gone mad, well to be fair it's been bonkers for a few years now.

The Zlatan wage is higher though as he went there on a free with no fee involved. Man U are part of what is a circus which on a day by day basis is becoming less accessible to low/average wage earners and the fan demographic that actually over decades helped put them where they sit.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 13, 2017, 11:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
Its not Zlatans fault.

Personally feel the money men are taking advantage of the beautiful game.Fans should vote with their feet and things would change

No I don't blame the player. Nobody in their right mind would turn it down though it would be nice to hear that he was using a bit of it to do something for the benefit of the game.

But things won't change unless the money dries up. Most PL teams don't care if there are no spectators in the ground, gate money makes up a small proportion of income in the PL especially to the top clubs. So a boycott wouldn't bother a club financially. The owners have no stake in the community anyway. Look what has happened to Blackburn over the past 3 seasons. They pay lip service to the fans but they only need them to come to the ground to buy the crap sold by their franchise and the big income comes from TV.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Grim74
May 13, 2017, 11:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from golfer
Tax the lot of them 99p in the pound Tax and put a wage cap and then see if they like playing football in their own countries

Good idea it will be the 1970s again under labour .... oh wait😩

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
livosnose
May 13, 2017, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Worth every penny the guy is a legend ( I hate manu Utd as well)

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Kris2
May 13, 2017, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
That's just how things are with huge franchise teams and the TV revenue they generate along with merch. They have an interest to find the biggest names and best players in the world because most people will pay to see that and to pay for the name on the shirt because they see it on TV all the time.

That's just how the world works, people pay to watch Hollywood films despite there being many great independent productions out there,people prefer big PPV MMA and Boxing matches over amateur stuff because those fighters are advertised as the best in the world and the biggest names.

No matter how much you whinge and moan very few people care about things on a local level,they don't care about much beyond the top league certainly not about lower league local teams. As long as people want to see the top players playing for the top teams on TV they will pay crazy money to get them to play for their team. Think Beckham probably made way more than that to go play in America and players make crazy amounts to play in China or Turkey so it's not just the UK that overpays players.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How the other half lives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.