TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 14, 2017, 1:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

Not yet but it has already gone from a 1 year experiment with a pot of 2 million, to a 2 year deal with 3 million in the pot. Pocket change to the Prem and they can afford to play the long game. All this has done is open the door slightly and i will bet my life that they now start to work on pushing that door open a little more every season until they get what they want.

I don't want to watch my side play against a development squad from the Prem, not now, not ever and all it has took for that to happen is 3 million quid. That's 2 months salary for Ibrahimovic to put it in context.

This idea needed strangling at birth but somehow they have got a foot in the door and getting it out again will prove more and more difficult the longer it stays there.

Exactly, the cost to the PL was a 2 months' wages for Ibrahimović. Peanuts. But the EFL chairmen seem happy to scoop the odd breadcrumb instead of insisting on fair shares.

It should come to civil war between the PL and the EFL but it won't. The likes of Sheffield Wed, Norwich, Leeds etc consider themselves PL clubs in waiting and several others have ambitions to join the gravy train.

My bet is that eventually the Championship will cut links with EFL to become PL Div 2. EFL will be even more powerless and we will see more clubs becoming effectively PL feeder teams, more 'B" Team plans, including putting them in the current L1, and L2 with the National League becoming L3.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RIP FL Trophy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.