5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 13, 2017, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
How many fans in work have told their employer,?

NO  I do not want a wage rise this year I had one 2 years ago,

If we want to move up the leagues we need better players and they want higher wages,

The only thing that might happen if we keep everything the same is we go backwards,

AND

I for one never ever want to see my club non league again.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
promotion plaice
May 13, 2017, 2:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from BraStrap
Whatever the club say and do always provokes criticism. It is a shame you can't buy a ticket now covering this season and next one but at the current rate.

Maybe it could work, the club bank the money taken for the second season tickets and then release the money with interest at the beginning of that season.
Win win situation if the maths stack up.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2017, 2:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from headingly_mariner

There is no guarantee that 90k would bring extra quality or that we would sell the same amount of season tickets. That money equates to around 265 season tickets, surely it'd be possible to sell more tickets at the current price with some good marketing? We don't hit capacity now, so there is a little wiggle room.

I mean director funding in terms of bankrolling. How much money has gone in over the last couple of seasons?

Bit in bold, there is no guarantee it won't either you have to trust the manager but £90K in the playing budget would help I'm sure. Keeping things at the same price usually des not equate to selling more of an item, trust me I do that kind of thing for a living.

The bank rolling view is an interesting view on what a director should be is it? A) Someone who just gives the club their money each season or B) someone who provides exec expertise to safeguard and guide the club to prosper? In reality a club like ours at the moment has B's on the board I'm afraid so the need to generate other sources of income other than from a benefactor is a large one.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
rancido
May 13, 2017, 7:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from headingly_mariner

There is no guarantee that 90k would bring extra quality or that we would sell the same amount of season tickets. That money equates to around 265 season tickets, surely it'd be possible to sell more tickets at the current price with some good marketing? We don't hit capacity now, so there is a little wiggle room.

I mean director funding in terms of bankrolling. How much money has gone in over the last couple of seasons?

Wasn't Operation Promotion all about raising £100,000 to help the club get promoted back into the league? Now 90k is only 10% short of the OP target and the consensus of opinion on this site was that it was a helpful amount. According to your logic then, raising that money wouldn't have guaranteed extra quality to the squad. It could be deduced then that it was a waste of money, according to your statement. Investing money in better players is always a gamble but a calculated one , in the same token as betting on the favourite in a horse race.
As regards not hitting capacity for season ticket sales, what is the " capacity "? Is it every home seat available ( a totally unrealistic target ) or a percentage of those seats? I don't know what the home seating capacity is at BP but I would imagine 3,000 represents about 50% which I imagine compares very well with most of the clubs in our league.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2017, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
£110k was worth a lot more to us 2 years ago with our turnover in the Conference than £90k now in the FL. Not just because it's 22% higher than £90k. Our income is much higher - attendances up and TV cash higher.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
moosey_club
May 14, 2017, 9:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from crusty ole pie
FFS the club as frozen match day tickets for next year given you a years notice that prices may have to increase next year what the intercourse is there to moan about. Some people just love picking the pieces of everything the club do chewing it up and regerating it as excrement

I have no issue with them freezing the prices as such, its just the way its presented.

As my post said, why not just release a price freeze and be done....no real issues then....its the whole we are doing you a favour here approach that gets my goat.....you are lucky we are freezing them, look what everyone else pays and we are putting them up season after next.  That to me is one positive presented with three other negative slants....cr@p customer relations.
If you have bad news, then present it in the sh!t sandwich format....good news...bad news...good news....thats just basics.

How can the club know they need to raise the prices the season after next as well already ?  It takes them ages to decide at the end of each season so now they can predict what will be needed in July 19 ?
What if we get relegated next season ?  What if we draw Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City away in the cup and get to Wembley and rake in £8m of cup fortune and sell Sam Jones for £1m ?

Also regards this season expenditure, surely we would expect next seasons expenditure to be less ? 30 + players on the books, loan players warming the bench, new signings bench warming, senior pro's not in the matchday squad.....i expect RS will be running a tighter ship regards that and that the board have capped his initial squad spending. That way the same amount of funding from ST's will actually be more effective.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 14, 2017, 9:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from moosey_club

I wouldnt take them at face value....explore those figures... for instance at Lincoln you can get an adult and junior package for £341, £311 if you are renewing and their dearest adult renewal is £299 which is £43 lower than the price the club have chosen to use in that example.

I wouldnt say the club have printed false information but those figures are misleading if you care to look deeper.

Have to say Lincoln fans have certainly got the "bug" with people queueing five hours for a season ticket earlier this week!!

Down the pub Thursday night and literally everyone who I spoke to had bought one and none of them had one for last season. The fact that their ground was sold out a number of times, immediate availability of season tickets and the cup run have galvanised interest beyond belief. Be interesting as they all are expecting to go straight up again and for some reason their retained list has still not been announced but they will have a healthy budget to compete with.

Think us town fans who live over here need to find a watering hole to share so we can reduce the amount of earache we get when going out for a pint!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 14, 2017, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Moosey asked "How can the club know they need to raise the prices the season after next as well already ?  It takes them ages to decide at the end of each season so now they can predict what will be needed in July 19 ?"

I think the ambition in reality is for Russ to stabilise us next season and if we land in the promotion spots/play off spot it's a massive bonus. At the end of next season the rest of the 2 year deals will have expired and Russ can then be truly free to move players in and out so having a bit more cash in the coffers and less contract mill stones around his neck will mean a proper push in 18/19.

I get that people might be p1sed off with the manner and tone of the communication but remember a lot of the people who work behind the scenes at GTFC are in reality "enthusiastic amateurs" who have only worked at one club rather than experienced "professionals" so they are more likely to get this kind of thing wrong, Surely though it must be a good thing that the club let us know this "might" happen.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
moosey_club
May 14, 2017, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I get that people might be p1sed off with the manner and tone of the communication but remember a lot of the people who work behind the scenes at GTFC are in reality "enthusiastic amateurs" who have only worked at one club rather than experienced "professionals" so they are more likely to get this kind of thing wrong, Surely though it must be a good thing that the club let us know this "might" happen.   

Not in the same statement that you deliver some relatively good news....it totally detracts from the positivity of the first message.

That message could wait til next season anyway, no need to have even raised it now , if we have a price freeze one year then i would think all would expect a rise the season after anyway.
Hey ho, i am not an ST holder and havnt been for many seasons now, i would have got one last season if the club had frozen/lowered/ reviewed and revamped prices/offers following our escape from the non league but no, the instant rise across the board was their solution.
Again the way they have announced this freeze , as you can tell, i am less than impressed with so i wont be buying one this season either, i will attend regulary, buy an early bird ticket, borrow the odd ST when friends cant make it,the odd works freebie and miss the odd game through other commitments so overall the clubs income will be less. .....and largely due to just how something has been worded.

I might be alone ,i might not, but i am a long serving "customer" of the club and p1ssing off just one customer is not a good strategy  for a business is it ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 14, 2017, 2:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I might be alone ,i might not, but i am a long serving "customer" of the club and p1ssing off just one customer is not a good strategy  for a business is it ?

As someone who is a STH but lives away and due to the fact there is no sensible "exiles scheme" I have had to ask my dad who is not in great health and does not drive to get me the odd away ticket from BP. I don't disagree with the bit above from Moosey to be honest and our ticket operation has been tin pot for decades.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices frozen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.