Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from moosey_club

Where ?  

Exactly!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
Mrs Doyle
May 13, 2017, 4:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
FFS and here was me thinking it was a great gesture from the club and still a great deal for younger supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
crusty ole pie
May 13, 2017, 7:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
FFS the club as frozen match day tickets for next year given you a years notice that prices may have to increase next year what the intercourse is there to moan about. Some people just love picking the pieces of everything the club do chewing it up and regerating it as excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2017, 10:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie
FFS the club as frozen match day tickets for next year given you a years notice that prices may have to increase next year what the intercourse is there to moan about. Some people just love picking the pieces of everything the club do chewing it up and regerating it as excrement

It now feels like some believe the club should consult on every exec decision and should talk to us nicely whenever they put something out. On Tuesday JF was a gent for granting Dis a benefit now he's a fool for maybe voting for the EFL trophy format again, a tad fickle or what.

I have also seen posts saying the club must come out and justify this decision and that decision, why should they? The best one was that JF was wrong for voting for something that was not popular with the fans and should consult them on such decisions.  

The sooner we sign a player or two to debate about the better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
BraStrap
May 13, 2017, 11:15am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +81
Gold Stars: 1
Whatever the club say and do always provokes criticism. It is a shame you can't buy a ticket now covering this season and next one but at the current rate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
rancido
May 13, 2017, 11:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from headingly_mariner
20 is more than plenty. Slipping in that there will be a rise next year is a joke. It's good that we are cheaper than elsewhere. We don't have to charge as much as the average to be competitive. The club are lazy and treat the fans like shite

Why is it a joke ? Surely it's better to forewarn the fans well in advance so they can budget for it?

I assume you want the club to be successful and gain promotion next season? For the club to achieve this then it has to raise revenue in a proportionate rate. Maybe you are one of these fans who want the Board ( specifically JF ) to bankroll the club ad infinitum to achieve promotion and succeed as long as it doesn't cost you anything extra.
It just seems like this announcement is another stick that some posters like to beat the club with.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
GrimRob
May 13, 2017, 11:33am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from crusty ole pie

If you put 10p in a pot every day for a year you'll have "found" the money and still have change for a few pies/pints/programmes!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 45
headingly_mariner
May 13, 2017, 11:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Quoted from rancido

Why is it a joke ? Surely it's better to forewarn the fans well in advance so they can budget for it?

I assume you want the club to be successful and gain promotion next season? For the club to achieve this then it has to raise revenue in a proportionate rate. Maybe you are one of these fans who want the Board ( specifically JF ) to bankroll the club ad infinitum to achieve promotion and succeed as long as it doesn't cost you anything extra.
It just seems like this announcement is another stick that some posters like to beat the club with.

See Moosey's comments. Can we not be competitive without raising the prices? Where does it stop, if we get promoted to 1 or even two leagues, do we just put our prices up to the average?
We've had the highest average attendance for years, I'd be interested to know how much bankrolling is actually going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2017, 12:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

See Moosey's comments. Can we not be competitive without raising the prices? Where does it stop, if we get promoted to 1 or even two leagues, do we just put our prices up to the average?
We've had the highest average attendance for years, I'd be interested to know how much bankrolling is actually going on.

I think the answer to the bit in bold is possibly yes, the simplicity of it is sadly if you want success in football you have to pay for it. When you talk about "bank rolling" what do you mean? The likes of JF giving us money? Youngs Sponsorship? The reality is despite TV and EFL money, JF's support and sponsors that would potentially not give us the funds we need to have a real promotion push.

£30 more (would be less in some cases) on 3,000 season tickets generates £90K in revenue which might mean a better keeper than Macca and a striker who knows where the back of the net is, I'd happily fork out 58p per week extra for that to be honest. plus I know it's coming so I can start putting that 58p per week away now. Also worth noting at capacity we only have about 9,000 seats to sell.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
headingly_mariner
May 13, 2017, 2:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think the answer to the bit in bold is possibly yes, the simplicity of it is sadly if you want success in football you have to pay for it. When you talk about "bank rolling" what do you mean? The likes of JF giving us money? Youngs Sponsorship? The reality is despite TV and EFL money, JF's support and sponsors that would potentially not give us the funds we need to have a real promotion push.

£30 more (would be less in some cases) on 3,000 season tickets generates £90K in revenue which might mean a better keeper than Macca and a striker who knows where the back of the net is, I'd happily fork out 58p per week extra for that to be honest. plus I know it's coming so I can start putting that 58p per week away now. Also worth noting at capacity we only have about 9,000 seats to sell.

There is no guarantee that 90k would bring extra quality or that we would sell the same amount of season tickets. That money equates to around 265 season tickets, surely it'd be possible to sell more tickets at the current price with some good marketing? We don't hit capacity now, so there is a little wiggle room.

I mean director funding in terms of bankrolling. How much money has gone in over the last couple of seasons?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices frozen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.