May 12, 2017, 8:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Utter cobblers? Potentially your gas, electric, water, council tax and possibly your motor and home insurance may go up amongst other things in 12 months time, how many of these do you know about now?  

Can you remember last time the club put the prices up?

Yes the club put them up start of this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2017, 8:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Davec

Yes the club put them up start of this season

fair point I was just testing

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
moosey_club
May 12, 2017, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
We should be so grateful......we only bankrolled some of the escape the non league season....got an instant price rise last season as a result and now we get a thank you freeze in one hand,  with a price rise warning in the other.....and some selected highlights from other clubs season ticket offers to demonstrate because we are cheaper than the rest we may as well try to keep up instead (despite us being less succesful at home this season).

Why cant this club ever learn when it comes to PR ???

Why not just ;

"On the back of your magnificent support during this eventful season the club are delighted to announce that prices for the forthcoming season will be frozen. Your continued and increased support has helped  swell the budget through the season and allowed us to back the further recruitment of players during this season and plan for next. Thank you and look forward to seeing you cheer the team on to a targeted promotion. UTM."

No need to try and make us feel grateful about being cheaper, are we not one of the most deprived areas of the country ? Did Paul Hurst write this statement before he left cos it sounds like the club are hinting that we have been "spoilt".  

As Headingly says...completely lazy, half @rsed approach to arguably your most loyal supporters.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2017, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
We should be so grateful......we only bankrolled some of the escape the non league season....got an instant price rise last season as a result and now we get a thank you freeze in one hand,  with a price rise warning in the other.....and some selected highlights from other clubs season ticket offers to demonstrate because we are cheaper than the rest we may as well try to keep up instead (despite us being less succesful at home this season).

Why not just ;

"On the back of your magnificent support during this eventful season the club are delighted to announce that prices for the forthcomnig season will be frozen. Your continued and increased support has helped  swell the budget through the season and allowed us to back the further recruitment of players during this season and plan for next. Thank you and look forward to seeing you cheer the team on to a targeted promotion. UTM."

No need to try and make us feel grateful about being cheaper, are we not one of the most deprived areas of the country ? Did Paul Hurst write this statement before he left cos it sounds like the club are hinting that we have been "spoilt".  

As Headingly says...completely lazy, half @rsed approach to arguably your most loyal supporters.

I know the answer to this.............

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
barralad
May 12, 2017, 9:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Aye that'll be me, happily my laziness won't cost any fishy members any extra on their tickets. Yeah i think it's lazy to just look at the average price of the league and raise prices accordingly. Surely there are more imaginative ways to remain competitive? I'd be interested to know how the trust board member voted on this.

Pretty sure he doesn't post on here. Why not send an enquiry to enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk and ask the question?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
headingly_mariner
May 12, 2017, 9:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Why not just ;

"On the back of your magnificent support during this eventful season the club are delighted to announce that prices for the forthcoming season will be frozen. Your continued and increased support has helped  swell the budget through the season and allowed us to back the further recruitment of players during this season and plan for next. Thank you and look forward to seeing you cheer the team on to a targeted promotion. UTM."

That's the sort of post I'd have written if I wasn't lazy and illiterate. Very well put!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
HotToddy
May 12, 2017, 9:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
I like the comparison chart on there. I'd noticed how much more some southern clubs charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
moosey_club
May 12, 2017, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HotToddy
I like the comparison chart on there. I'd noticed how much more some southern clubs charge.

I wouldnt take them at face value....explore those figures... for instance at Lincoln you can get an adult and junior package for £341, £311 if you are renewing and their dearest adult renewal is £299 which is £43 lower than the price the club have chosen to use in that example.

I wouldnt say the club have printed false information but those figures are misleading if you care to look deeper.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2017, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

I wouldnt take them at face value....explore those figures... for instance at Lincoln you can get an adult and junior package for £341, £311 if you are renewing and their dearest adult renewal is £299 which is £43 lower than the price the club have chosen to use in that example.

I wouldnt say the club have printed false information but those figures are misleading if you care to look deeper.

One for trading standards then? Simplify it for me If you choose to buy a season ticket for 17/18 does it cost you more than it did for 16/17?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
moosey_club
May 12, 2017, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

One for trading standards then? Simplify it for me If you choose to buy a season ticket for 17/18 does it cost you more than it did for 16/17?

Where ?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices frozen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.