Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

FAO THE GTFC SUPPORTERS TRUST

This thread currently has 8,986 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
May 13, 2017, 8:05am
Guest User
Quoted from pizzzza
The problem is that the Trust is crippled in having to fall in line when these 'collective' decisions are made. JF has been very clever here. In keeping the Trust close and cosy with a seat on the board (which is of course more or less symbolic) he can have some degree of control and take advantage of the good work that the Trust do for free and of course the Trust have to pay 30k a year for the privilage having already transferred to JF a large number of it shares.
I would like to see the Trust as an independent enity (no board rep) that can truly fight for it's membership and GTFC supporters.

Sadly I believe that the representatives at the top of the trust have got to close to the board and are almost scared for their voices to be heard, this has been shown in the last 2 fans forums. Like I have suggested before, why can't we have a democratic vote as who should be representing the trust on the board? At least that way their would be a degree of trust from the fans.
Reply: 30 - 66
IlkleyMariner
May 13, 2017, 8:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from GrimRob
Do the board really need anyone to tell them, it was obvious from the games we took part in (609 and 597 crowds). It's not the "Fishy Five", the Twitterati, or any other vocal subset of fans who boycotted the games, it's most of the regular supporters even people who have been to every game for years. I suspect even those who went may have done so with heavy hearts.

Its now up to the 609 and 597 to not turn up. The remaining thousands remain true to the cause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
Cloudy
May 13, 2017, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 1739

Sadly I believe that the representatives at the top of the trust have got to close to the board and are almost scared for their voices to be heard, this has been shown in the last 2 fans forums. Like I have suggested before, why can't we have a democratic vote as who should be representing the trust on the board? At least that way their would be a degree of trust from the fans.

All the Trust board are elected at the AGM, then they put forward candidate(s) to represent them at board level.
The club board have the right to accept or decline any candidate put forward but I agree it seems odd that, for example, Lee Mullen was appointed because he had money whilst the Trust rep has to be vetted, and carefully chosen by the club board.
I can't say I know all the Trust board but is there anyone strong enough to represent the fans more strongly? Maybe if they did their tenure would be short lived
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
Mariner_09
May 13, 2017, 8:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Surley the club lose more money than they gain because the massively low crowds.

Having said that, even if we had voted against it we'd still have had it imposed on us so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we've seen the way the wind's blowing and voted accordingly. Bit like a careerist politician does.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
pizzzza
May 13, 2017, 9:01am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
It will be interesting to see if the Trust comes out in support of or against the fans game that seems to be gathering momentum as a protest against the EFL Trophy. I suspect that they will not be 'allowed' to rebel against the club here but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 13, 2017, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Perhaps it should be made clear whether the Trust members on the board are representatives or delegates.

If they are representatives of the supporters they simply state the view of the supporters and vote the way the supporters in effect have told them.

If they are delegates they have the power to consider the fans' views, listen to the arguments on the board, weigh it all up and then make a decision on how to vote.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Davec
May 13, 2017, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Does Jon Wood (the Mariners Trust board representative) represent the fans or does he actually only represent himself? What if the fans feel one thing but he totally disagrees with us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
May 13, 2017, 3:05pm
Guest User
Who cares if Town get to Wembley
I'll be there!!!!
Reply: 37 - 66
TheRealJohnLewis
May 13, 2017, 3:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I won't.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2017, 3:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Wembley would be one of the easier games for me to get to if we got to the final. I won't go. Attendance at Wembley is used to validate the plan. Look how Harvey used the Coventry-Oxford attendance figure. I know we'd stand to make money out of a Wembley appearance, but that only goes to the two clubs who get there. It's just another payment for the soul.

I understand John Fenty's rationale for this. Sure it's nice to have a little extra money for the club.  But as far as I'm concerned it's a Faustian pact.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO THE GTFC SUPPORTERS TRUST

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.