8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 10, 2017, 11:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Good points Posh. I was also wondering if we had offered reduced terms as i think SP wants to stay and would have signed already if the terms were right. Never considered the Davies scenario though and him maybe having a clause? Think they may just have both been offered reduced terms myself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 77
Superdan147
May 10, 2017, 11:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Good post poshharry and couldn't  agree more.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 77
oldun
May 10, 2017, 11:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Offering reduced terms is the equivalent of saying "we don't really want you so if you can get a better deal you can go, if not we will keep you" Unlike Andrew where he is wanted and has been offered a deal to try to keep him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 77
Welwynmariner
May 10, 2017, 11:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I would like to see someone clever like Amond play off Vernon, one hold up man one Jonny on the spot.

I thought that Amond "made" the two Hartlepool goals on the last day of the season. Last year he and Bogle were a real pairing and created opportunities for each other. However I think it's in the past now so we can but dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 77
ginnywings
May 10, 2017, 12:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from oldun
Offering reduced terms is the equivalent of saying "we don't really want you so if you can get a better deal you can go, if not we will keep you" Unlike Andrew where he is wanted and has been offered a deal to try to keep him.

Yeah, agree there. As much as i like Shaun, i wasn't sure whether he would be offered a new deal or not and it may be that he has been offered a take it or leave it type thing?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 77
dapperz fun pub
May 10, 2017, 12:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,916
Gold Stars: 82
I see venney and Wright have been invited to pre season and I'm told Adam drury been invited aswell .. still hope for these lads then ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 77
TownSNAFU5
May 10, 2017, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,872
Gold Stars: 42
The best or worst example of a one-season goal-scorer was Brodie.  He got 34 goals for York.  A few years later, whilst still in his prime, he was being released by clubs in the 8th tier.   No wonder he had so many clubs.

Amond had his chance to stay with us,  I don't think we would benefit from his return.  We have higher expectations now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 77
acko338
May 10, 2017, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
I'm sure that those on contracts who do not figure in Slade's plans will be told that it's loans or full transfer asap at new season start.

He will clear the decks and then have to prove his worth with his own signings.

if he wants a lower number of bodies in place he surely wants those who will retain full fitness over a full season - Danny Andrew has proven he can stay fit this year, I hope he remembers who gave him that chance to play again, so who will be next year's long term player(s) over 46 games?

Will the most valuable asset next year be a fitness & conditioning coach to the squad?

At least this season end, my holiday won't be clashing with play offs and finding screens in foreign places ! (GO away ! this is my screen and I'm watching town !!)

Don't forget Mr Slade, you ruined a good holiday by the Cardiff televised game all those years ago, every screen, every hour, replays wherever we went - horror show - please, not this coming season !

I still can't make myself sit in the restaurant where we saw that match, on principle !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 77
Mariner_09
May 10, 2017, 12:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Only worry is he might remember that Hursty gave him the opportunity to play every week!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 77
mariner chopper
May 10, 2017, 1:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from RichMariner
I think Slade will look to use McAllister next season, and I think Vernon will be in his plans too.

I hope he'll give Rhys Browne a chance because I really do think there's a player in there. If he can get the best out of him for 90 minutes, I think Tombola could be a very good outlet for us next season too.

Slade seems to be a fan of Berrett's versatility, so I imagine he'll be involved.

The contracted players who might worry about their role in the side next season, in my opinion, will be Yussuf, Boyce and Summerfield.

I'd like to see Browne given a chance but also Yussuf too, nothing against Asante as I like him too but I'm perplexed as to way people favour him over and above Yussuf. Surely there is a player there also? He started like a house on fire and took both his goals very well - would like to see him get a run in the side at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The retained list

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.