2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Tommy
May 9, 2017, 1:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I thought the atmosphere on Saturday was alright. Considering it was a nothing game for us, I thought (as Slade said) the crowd got right behind the lads. Went a bit quiet second half when we didn't have much possession or even much joy territorially. And the number of away fans probably helped as it always does, giving the home support something to bounce off.

But when we have spells of sustained attacking pressure and we see players putting in tackles and busting a gut to recover and work hard - the crowd will be vocal. And I think the team Slade builds will do those things.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
RichMariner
May 9, 2017, 1:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
Whenever I see league tables from years ago I'm always amazed at the huge difference between home and away records.

A team would get promoted having won nearly all of their home games, but then only win 3 or 4 on the road. I've also seen tables where teams are relegated after winning a fair chunk at home but losing every single away game.

These days teams often finish with a better record away than at home.

I presume this is down to a mix of factors, like pitches being better than they used to be, new grounds being less intimidating, tactics for playing away evolving, etc.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
jamesgtfc
May 9, 2017, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I think if we play with a bit of pace and take the game to the opposition we will make BP a fortress.

History tells us Slade will seek to get some pace out wide and up front so that is the first part and in Osborne we have a player who can travel comfortably with the ball at his feet and also pick a pass.

If we see the players busting a gut to win the second ball I am sure the fans will make BP intimidating once more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fortress

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.