May 8, 2017, 8:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from golfer

If Pearson goes I GO

I was told today, whilst golfing in Hull, that Pearson was being released & guy who told me said that was from a good source but refused to say who source was.

I certainly hope its incorrect as he is certainly worth a place in any League @ squad IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
LongEatonMariner
May 8, 2017, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I was told today, whilst golfing in Hull, that Pearson was being released & guy who told me said that was from a good source but refused to say who source was.

I certainly hope its incorrect as he is certainly worth a place in any League @ squad IMO

The frustrating thing is that for most of the season we said we were lacking a left winger while all along he was in the team playing centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Mariner_09
May 8, 2017, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Unless he thinks he can do better than Pearson and that would take some doing. If Marcus wasting the Omar money on Maxwell, Yussuf, Gunning and even Clements is no better than Summerfield or Berrett then it's a poor old do we can't retain Collins etc.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2017, 9:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mariner_09

Unless he thinks he can do better than Pearson and that would take some doing. If Marcus wasting the Omar money on Maxwell, Yussuf, Gunning and even Clements is no better than Summerfield or Berrett then it's a poor old do we can't retain Collins etc.

I need a week oor so to work out what you mean by this 09

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
pizzzza
May 8, 2017, 9:11pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Mariner_09

If Marcus wasting the Omar money on Maxwell, Yussuf, Gunning and even Clements

All signings made before Bogle was sold.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Mariner_09
May 8, 2017, 9:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Sorry Herts, Am I suffering from Bignotitous! I'm merely suggesting if because Yussuf etc are contracted we are prevented from re-siging Pearson and Collins then it's a shame.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
MuddyWaters
May 8, 2017, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner_09
Sorry Herts, Am I suffering from Bignotitous! I'm merely suggesting if because Yussuf etc are contracted we are prevented from re-siging Pearson and Collins then it's a shame.

Not Slades fault though.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
ginnywings
May 8, 2017, 9:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Mariner_09

If they are not re-signed, i doubt it would be because we have players we are stuck with; more that he thinks he can do better. If he really wants them to stay, he will find a way, unless the players themselves want to move on.

What we have to ask ourselves is not if the players are good enough for League 2, but if they are good enough to get us into League 1 and be good enough to cut it in there as well?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2017, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mariner_09

I get it now mate, I think both will get offered terms  but I think like Andrew they will also have options elsewhere. As a great club man I would be gutted to see Shaun go, Andrew well it's inevitable I reckon Collins in reality only has one season left so would it be a complete disaster if we lost all 3?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
friskneymariner
May 8, 2017, 9:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I am afraid those who are not getting new contracts will be decided on financial grounds, not footballing grounds,hope I am wrong.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crucial meeting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.