rancido
May 8, 2017, 3:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 935

How much of that will go on paying off players under contract??

That's up to RS to decide. He is given his budget and how he spends it is up to him but obviously he has to deliver the goods.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Rick12
May 8, 2017, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 935
I m still fascinated by RS's comments regarding the senior players, Davies, Collins, Pearson, and Disley... He sounded on the interview with JT as if none would be staying... Be a bit harsh on Pearson I think...
Always admired Pearsons attitude .Hope he gets another deal

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
marinerjase
May 8, 2017, 3:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Coincide with new ground being built?? Didn't realise that was remotely close..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
mimma
May 8, 2017, 3:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
The board have no input to who stays or goes. They decide the budget Slade is responsible for the players that he thinks we need, and it's up to him how the budget is spent to get them.

That is how is should be. Leave the manager to manage team affairs. There's a lot of big clubs that tell their manager who to sign and who to sell. They are all the ones that struggle,  like Newcastle for instance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2017, 3:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I still think there will be a decent budget to work to otherwise despite being out of work RS would have waited for another club to come in for him, especially after having his fingers burnt at Charlton and Coventry.

I think the only 3 pros out of deals who will be offered terms are Shaun, Danny Andrew and Danny Collins all of whom will "consider their options" Andrew will go, Shaun will sign and Collins? Well I'm 50/50. So that's goodbye to Dis, Josh and Gunning amongst a few others.  

Similar to what Moosey said RS will already know who he wants to keep and let go and who he thinks he can get a tune out of from who's left.

Could be a very interesting few weeks as it's been a long time since we have had an experienced FL manager (and assistant) with what you would expect is a large network of former clubs, scouts, agents and players. RS has a good reputation in the game and that could work to our advantage.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
TheGoalKipper
May 8, 2017, 3:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
If he has a special budget for one season he will be under pressure to deliver as if we going to 'overspend' it will be on the basis of we will have a better team capable of challenging for the playoffs over the season with increased attendances - unless we still have a chunk of Omars money to burn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Balthazar Bullitt
May 8, 2017, 3:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Dunno about Danny Andrew, but Shaun Pearson's highlights clip on you tube will impress a few clubs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2017, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from hheh2
Danny Andrew is good

Looking at the clip on your signature maybe we have missed an opportunity for a wide left prospect all season

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
ginnywings
May 8, 2017, 3:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I think we may already have pushed the boat out a bit to get RS and PW here in the first place. When asked about RS contract at the press conference, JF said that it will remain private and he didn't do that with the previous 2 managers, both being on rolling 6 month deals.

I think there will be a big cull tomorrow and we could end up with 1 or even 0 of the team that got us out of non league less than a year ago. There is no standing still in football but my hunch is that we will go for quality over quantity and we have had a good average gate this season, plus we sold Bogle, so maybe a bit better budget than last year? We also need the types of signings that will get season tickets shifting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
moosey_club
May 8, 2017, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mimma
The board have no input to who stays or goes. They decide the budget Slade is responsible for the players that he thinks we need, and it's up to him how the budget is spent to get them.

That is how is should be. Leave the manager to manage team affairs. There's a lot of big clubs that tell their manager who to sign and who to sell. They are all the ones that struggle,  like Newcastle for instance.

thats worked out awfully for them hasnt it ?  

i think Orient would have been a better example  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crucial meeting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.