13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
May 7, 2017, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,926
Gold Stars: 356
Darlington were the rightful winners in my eyes. They were shafted and that league is discredited . As for the conference play off final - I'm in the position of wanting both teams to lose. I can't stand either of them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 122
Sussexmariner
May 7, 2017, 9:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I was at Tranmere away and I can't forgive how their fans gloated when we got relegated, far worse than some dude giving the FGR stewards excrement then getting chucked out for it! Ok the way he got chucked was a bit OTT, but you reap what you sow.

Therefore I want FGR to go up.

I too was at that game I remember it well, I put that down to "football banter" they would've done that to any team that got relegated, not just because it was us, just like town fans would've done if Tranmere got relegated at Blundell park, if people think otherwise there're being incredibly naive.

As for the FGR stewards, I think you'll find he wasn't giving them "excrement" as you put it, he was playing with an inflatable ball with his 12 year old daughter,  you're not a Barnet steward are you?  

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 122
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2017, 9:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How do you know they had the money to do either?

Well they had competitive squads so they must have spent some money.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 122
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2017, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Vance Warner
But when 3 teams make it all the way to the end of the season, finish in the playoffs and then have to drop out it makes a mockery of the whole system. If there were safety concerns fair enough but this is about 500 covered seats!

Them's the rules. They knew them in advance. So whether the rules are right or not they should be applied to all. It didn't come as a surprise at the end of the season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 122
GrimRob
May 7, 2017, 10:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
The ironic thing is Darlington had no shortage of covered seats at their old ground. Everybody could sit on their own row. But clubs shouldn't be allowed to go up without adequate facilities. Guiseley's ground was inadequate for our support base, especially when a Boxing Day game was scheduled there.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 122
TheRealJohnLewis
May 8, 2017, 7:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I too was at that game I remember it well, I put that down to "football banter" they would've done that to any team that got relegated, not just because it was us, just like town fans would've done if Tranmere got relegated at Blundell park, if people think otherwise there're being incredibly naive.

As for the FGR stewards, I think you'll find he wasn't giving them "excrement" as you put it, he was playing with an inflatable ball with his 12 year old daughter,  you're not a Barnet steward are you?  

Half truth, yes he was playing with an inflatable ball he was then told that inflatables weren't allowed to which he refused to hand it over, he then pushed a steward and was removed by force.

Private Message
Reply: 85 - 122
Abdul19
May 8, 2017, 8:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,528
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33
Darlington were the rightful winners in my eyes.

I thought they came 5th?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 122
Mariner93er
May 8, 2017, 9:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
It's a bit stupid that the rule only seems to apply to the play off games and not to every other regular fixture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 122
GrimRob
May 8, 2017, 9:14am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner93er
It's a bit stupid that the rule only seems to apply to the play off games and not to every other regular fixture.

They wouldn't have been allowed into the NLN if their ground didn't meet the requirements for that division. The requirements for the NLP are more stringent.

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/player/clubs-leagues/ground-grading

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 122
ginnywings
May 8, 2017, 9:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner93er

It is a bit strange. Surely they should let them into the play offs and if they get promoted, they have the close season to sort out the seating arrangements or the next team in line gets the spot? I presume it's a requirement of the league above and not the league they are trying to get out of?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.