13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2017, 12:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I downloaded the FGR accounts from somewhere the other year. Can't remember where. I think there was a link in an article about how much money they were losing.

FGR made a loss every year from 2010 to 2015 (30 April). 5 1/2 years (the accounts for 2010 only cover 6 months - think they changed the financial year end). Turnover in that 5 1/2 year period totalled £4.7m. Losses totalled £8.8m. 186% of their total turnover! In the 12 months to 30/4/15 they lost £2.9m alone!

Don't have Town's accounts for the same period to hand but for 2015 and 2016 alone Town's turnover was £4.3m, i.e. nearly FIVE years of FGR's turnover. Combined losses for two years was under £20k. Accumulated losses since the Year Dot were £4.1m. Less than half what FGR ran up in 5 years!

They're not going to become profitable if they get promoted. The new ground will be a white elephant off a motorway with no hope of public transport. There's no way that's going to be sustainable or full. Then there's the waste of perfectly good resources through trashing the current ground which is not that old. Look how that compares to the Main Stand for sustainability!

It's a sham. It's not even 'greenwash'. It's a vanity project.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 122
moosey_club
May 14, 2017, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Vance Warner
But when 3 teams make it all the way to the end of the season, finish in the playoffs and then have to drop out it makes a mockery of the whole system. If there were safety concerns fair enough but this is about 500 covered seats!

Better they get blocked now rather than "promise" to have them in place for the new season, then fail to do so and then leaves the next seasons fixtures and league make up in tatters.
Hard for some clubs i suppose, the odd team that has a good season and potentially over achieves maybe wouldnt have had the time to invest in off field facilities....just have to look at how Cleethorpes Town are progressing at the moment....a few recent promotions, Vase final at Wembley coming up , but they play on what is effectively an old works social club pitch.
I am sure they have plans to progress and maybe whoever it is from them (Patto) who posts on here can comment regards their own future requirements if they progress any further.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 122
HertsGTFC
May 14, 2017, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,645
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I downloaded the FGR accounts from somewhere the other year. Can't remember where. I think there was a link in an article about how much money they were losing.

FGR made a loss every year from 2010 to 2015 (30 April). 5 1/2 years (the accounts for 2010 only cover 6 months - think they changed the financial year end). Turnover in that 5 1/2 year period totalled £4.7m. Losses totalled £8.8m. 186% of their total turnover! In the 12 months to 30/4/15 they lost £2.9m alone!

Don't have Town's accounts for the same period to hand but for 2015 and 2016 alone Town's turnover was £4.3m, i.e. nearly FIVE years of FGR's turnover. Combined losses for two years was under £20k. Accumulated losses since the Year Dot were £4.1m. Less than half what FGR ran up in 5 years!

They're not going to become profitable if they get promoted. The new ground will be a white elephant off a motorway with no hope of public transport. There's no way that's going to be sustainable or full. Then there's the waste of perfectly good resources through trashing the current ground which is not that old. Look how that compares to the Main Stand for sustainability!

It's a sham. It's not even 'greenwash'. It's a vanity project.

You need to get out more

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 122
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.