Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dis - If the next game is it.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 52 Guests

Dis - If the next game is it.

This thread currently has 15,514 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2017, 7:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
I personally think that he should be retained in some way as in the last 2 games if nothing else he has showed his worth especially yesterday when he was one of the few that showed desire & character in a poor peformance.  

Sadly Saturday could see the last game that Craig will play for GTFC, I assume if it is we will get to find out this week especially after Russ said some players arrangements for next season will be sorted before Saturday?? Then again Dis being Dis he might possibly want Saturday to be more about the team.  

So if it is his farewell how do we send off a pro who has played over 700+ career games and as a GTFC player and our Captain (in my mind he still is) has been exemplary on and off the field for GTFC?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
April 30, 2017, 7:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Grown hugely attached to dis during his time here, i started following town when our spiral of decline started, and it was hard to form an attachment to any of the worthless lazy money grabbing tossers that got us in to the abyss. however with dis shaun macca, we recruited players who became part of the club and got what it is all about. I never doubted what this club meant to Dis, but the play off semi last year, showed what a fantastic man he is. Tears on Tv. He led our club back into the Fl, was the first to sign each and every season, and has been exemplary on and off the field. I dont know the best way to show our appreciation as fans, but from me personally, Dis has been my favourite town player, and in my eyes a true legend. I will be devastated if he does leave and wish him all the best with his future as noone deserves it more. all i could say is thank you for all you have done for us, means as much to him as it did to us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
Rhys_Mariners
April 30, 2017, 9:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Same as the above, started supporting town in 2005 so all i have ever experienced is shite apart from maybe a few seasons. I'd give him one more year personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
Mariner_09
April 30, 2017, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Shame we didn't get him when he was 25, we'd have never dropped out of the league in the first place!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
KingstonMariner
April 30, 2017, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I personally think that he should be retained in some way as in the last 2 games if nothing else he has showed his worth especially yesterday when he was one of the few that showed desire & character in a poor peformance.  

Sadly Saturday could see the last game that Craig will play for GTFC, I assume if it is we will get to find out this week especially after Russ said some players arrangements for next season will be sorted before Saturday?? Then again Dis being Dis he might possibly want Saturday to be more about the team.  

So if it is his farewell how do we send off a pro who has played over 700+ career games and as a GTFC player and our Captain (in my mind he still is) has been exemplary on and off the field for GTFC?

Spot on.

He had a similar impact in the ColU away game.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
LH
April 30, 2017, 10:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
I've said it before and I'll say it again: whilst Dis is not the best footballer to have ever played for Town (ai doubt he'd be in many 30yo+ fans best ever starting line ups) he is amongst the strongest characters to have donned the shirt.

Hagrid has covered why he is a legend for me too - he signed for us at possibly our lowest ebb and he has stayed until we are now a steady, stable fourth tier club and that is partially down to his (and Pearson, McKeown and numerous others) efforts in the Conference. He's got the three fish tattooed on him as well let's not forget!

However, I do feel that if we're to push on and go higher up the divisions we need fresh blood and now is a good time for him to go. I hope I get a chance to clap him off one last time next week if it is this season that he moves on.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
jamesgtfc
April 30, 2017, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,806
Gold Stars: 187
Disley isn't going to play all 46 games of the season but I think he has the ability to play a part in a good proportion of games.

There isn't much room for sentiment in football but he gets what Grimsby is about and would be a great body to have around the building as we go through our third overhaul in 12 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
AdamHaddock
April 30, 2017, 11:25pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,744
Gold Stars: 24
Ginger wigs?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
Marinerz93
April 30, 2017, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
One of the legends that got us out of the abyss and it will be a sad day we part company no matter how far away that date is, for me if he is to go surely he deserves a testimonial!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
lowerfindus
April 30, 2017, 11:31pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Time to go I'm afraid.

I'm not one of his biggest fans as I've always thought he slowed the game down by taking too many touches and played the ball sideways too often to the detriment of the team. I actually think with a better manager he could have been more infuencial played in a three or further forward closer to the strikers. His late runs and goals were a positive.

That would have meant playing an alternative formation and we here at gtfc (managers, players and fans alike) do not seem to be able to cope without 44 fcuking 2.

However, you can't knock his work ethic or desire to win and the way he has lead the side during the last few years on and off the pitch. Certainly an indication of if he's in or out would be fair so if the time has come he can be rightly acclaimed by the fans.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dis - If the next game is it.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.