2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
April 30, 2017, 4:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Looking at the pictures when we get our new ground would Barnets away end be ok as our home end, probably a bit bigger to hold about 2500 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
April 30, 2017, 5:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
There stand yesterday was very impressive, the ticketing was bar coded, the bar fantastic.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2017, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Hagrid
There stand yesterday was very impressive, the ticketing was bar coded, the bar fantastic.

As much as I loathe Barnet as a club, it's "we're proper Londoners" inhabitants and the place you have to say it was great, if we had 4 stands like that with some in fills in the corner at PP I would be well happy.............. JF take note FFS.

What I also like is the football hub thing, whilst our game was going on there where Youth, Girls and Kids games being played on the all weather and as our game finished youngsters were still turning up to play, we need to ensure that any new facility we build offers that level of access to anyone who wants to kick a ball.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
headingly_mariner
April 30, 2017, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
It was too open and had an upward sloping roof. The sound escaped from it easy. Would be great if we could have stands tight to the pitch with no open corners like Loftus Road.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
BeesKnees
April 30, 2017, 8:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

As much as I loathe Barnet as a club, it's "we're proper Londoners" inhabitants and the place you have to say it was great, if we had 4 stands like that with some in fills in the corner at PP I would be well happy.............. JF take note FFS.

What I also like is the football hub thing, whilst our game was going on there where Youth, Girls and Kids games being played on the all weather and as our game finished youngsters were still turning up to play, we need to ensure that any new facility we build offers that level of access to anyone who wants to kick a ball.  

Replacing the south terrace, filling in the corners and an indoor sports hall behind the away stand is the next phase.  

All the best with your new ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2017, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It was too open and had an upward sloping roof. The sound escaped from it easy. Would be great if we could have stands tight to the pitch with no open corners like Loftus Road.

FFS no doubt you found the bog roll too hard as well. Everybody is entitled to an opinion however fickle it comes across but after years of sitting in the Upper at BP and the chaos you face to buy a ticket, get in, buy a pint or food, have a p1ss and for me elderly ill health dad climb what are often wet stairs yesterday was refreshing, very refreshing. I am not sure I have been away to better all round away facilities at L2 level, have you been to Loftus Rd recently it's a sh1t hole especially for away fans.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
headingly_mariner
April 30, 2017, 9:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

FFS no doubt you found the bog roll too hard as well. Everybody is entitled to an opinion however fickle it comes across but after years of sitting in the Upper at BP and the chaos you face to buy a ticket, get in, buy a pint or food, have a p1ss and for me elderly ill health dad climb what are often wet stairs yesterday was refreshing, very refreshing. I am not sure I have been away to better all round away facilities at L2 level, have you been to Loftus Rd recently it's a sh1t hole especially for away fans.  

The toilets were lovely. People have different priorities, I'd much rather have a stand that creates a better atmosphere than modern facilities. It's the little things that matter and give a ground a soul, things like acoustics. I couldn't care less about barcode entry and a cheap hotel style bar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
conscorner
April 30, 2017, 10:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 3
The facilties offered to the Grimsby supporters at Barnet were first class compared to the majority of grounds in League 2. Very civilised being able to sit down in comfortable surroundings with friends for a pint before the match. Compare this to the catering facilities in concrete bunkers at the Keep Moat, Brunton Park, Brisbane Road, Home Park, Bloomfield Road etc and the al fresco facilities at Crown Ground.

It certainly enhanced the match day experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2017, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The toilets were lovely. People have different priorities, I'd much rather have a stand that creates a better atmosphere than modern facilities. It's the little things that matter and give a ground a soul, things like acoustics. I couldn't care less about barcode entry and a cheap hotel style bar.

Fans create atmospheres. Town fans have done this on numerous occasions on open terracing as well as open stands. If you wanted acoustics Abbey Rd and Maida Vaile studios are a rt bus ride way from The Hive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
LH
April 30, 2017, 10:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Surely you want the atmosphere to stay in the ground and not be projected out to the planet's atmosphere? The Pontoon can sound loud while you're in it but at the halfway line it sounds like a whisper and that is partly down to the angle of the roof.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away stand/bar

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.