Mikoo
April 29, 2017, 10:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Just watched the Joshua v Klitschko fight
What a performance from AJ!

Now 19 wins 0 defeats with 19 knockouts, incredible record.

Has the potential to go down as the best heavyweight EVER imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
PPMariner
April 29, 2017, 11:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Unbelievable fight. Amazing stuff from both of them. Don't watch a ton of boxing but even so, never have I seen the likes of that fifth round before!

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Rick12
April 29, 2017, 11:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Great fight.Thought up until the 11th Klitschko was going to take it on points.

Fury v Joshua should be good if it comes off

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
MidnightMariner
April 29, 2017, 11:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
Great fight.Thought up until the 11th Klitschko was going to take it on points.

Fury v Joshua should be good if it comes off

I too thought that klitschko would have it on points but 2 of the 3 score cards had AJ in front.
Great fight tho
Well done AJ , thought Vladimir was a very nice guy afterwards
Well done both fighters 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Rick12
April 29, 2017, 11:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MidnightMariner

I too thought that klitschko would have it on points but 2 of the 3 score cards had AJ in front.
Great fight tho
Well done AJ , thought Vladimir was a very nice guy afterwards
Well done both fighters 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On some of the unofficial scorecards though they to had Klitschko winning it on points.For someone though aged 41 thought Klitschko gave a good account of himself.Joshua though impressed me with the way he came back strong late in the fight

Feel Fury V Joshua though will be epic

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Hagrid
April 30, 2017, 12:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,376
Gold Stars: 527
Outstanding fight, both men were warriors, Klitchsko at 41 should be extremely proud, but AJ wow, i thought he was dead and buried after the 5th but that 11th round was incredible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
forza ivano
April 30, 2017, 12:05am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
A credit to boxing. Thank goodness! I love the sport and the two of them did a great service to the sport.the great thing is there are so many good fights out there, and most involve Brits.joshua is at the top of the tree, but will Tyson fury get his head back together? Will klitschko want to carry on? Wilder guarantees a massive pay day in the u.s. David Haye is not finished, if hughie fury could win against Parker, if it happens, and Tony Belles and Dilian why're might have some part to play as well. Exciting times.

Plus not even mentioned selby, frampton, quit etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
TownSNAFU5
April 30, 2017, 12:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,843
Gold Stars: 42
AJ also did the hard way after coming back off the canvass.  He had to dig deep to just keep in the fight.  Then to win was sport, gut and character of the highest order. The fans in the bar I was in all went mental. So pleased for him. Well, both of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
MidnightMariner
April 30, 2017, 12:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
A credit to boxing. Thank goodness! I love the sport and the two of them did a great service to the sport.the great thing is there are so many good fights out there, and most involve Brits.joshua is at the top of the tree, but will Tyson fury get his head back together? Will klitschko want to carry on? Wilder guarantees a massive pay day in the u.s. David Haye is not finished, if hughie fury could win against Parker, if it happens, and Tony Belles and Dilian why're might have some part to play as well. Exciting times.
That tree hes at the top of  wouldn't be the Joshua tree would it 😜

Plus not even mentioned selby, frampton, quit etc

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
moosey_club
April 30, 2017, 12:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Thought Joshua looked pretty wooden at times, very straight up, no lateral movement against a 41 yr old who was lean and light on his feet.....the 5th and 6 th rounds amazing stuff, I thought if someone had opened a fire exit the breeze would have finished Joshua off as he looked completely spent and a dead man walking at the end of 6th.
The fight had turned Klitscho's way and looked to be a cruise to the finish line for him until that uppercut, then Joshua clicked into clinical mode and finished him off.

Some amazing character from both men........and when you compare Sanchez rolling on the floor holding his face when a ball hit him in the shoulder.. .

Respect to both men this evening.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.