This thread currently has 1,986 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Cloudy
April 24, 2017, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Seems a few have been released today. I know Jack Keeble has got a pro deal but not sure of others
Private Message
MrFisherman
April 24, 2017, 8:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Southwark Mariner
April 24, 2017, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
I think they will do well to listen to Shaun Pearson and his career path to league football. Not getting a pro deal doesn't have to be the end of their football career.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Mariner_09
April 24, 2017, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Do when know when the club will announce when it's the full time pros decision day?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
pizzzza
April 24, 2017, 9:20pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mariner_09
Do when know when the club will announce when it's the full time pros decision day?

Will most likely be the Monday/Tuesday after the Plymouth game.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
HotToddy
April 24, 2017, 9:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
Keeble and Sawyer have got pro deals. Anyone seen them play?

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.u.....ntracts-3691405.aspx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
diehardmariner
April 25, 2017, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 537
Saw Sawyer in a few youth games earlier in the season.  Keeble I don't recall seeing but that's not to say he didn't play.

Striking impression of the games I watched was that Town were phyiscally dominated by their opposition.  It seemed as if we had lads who were at least a year younger than the opposition.  I'm not sure if that's the case or more that the other teams have that traditional English approach of physical attributes over everything else.  Once Town managed to avoid a physical battle and play the ball on the ground, they were by far the better team - it's just getting to that stage.  I think it was against Doncaster where Town were soon a couple of goals back, managed to make it a footballing game and got back into the game before Donny just returned to a more physical approach and battered us.

Sawyer was one player who stood out because he wasn't physically dominated but also showed he's a very capable footballer too.  He played a withdrawn midfield role, neither a screener of the back four nor a deep lying playmaker, I guess sort of a mix of both.

Another lad who impressed me for the youth team and seemed to heavily involved with the reserve games is Cameron Hough who is a centre back, I think he was captain of the youth team and the only thing I can think why he didn't get a deal is that he arguably lacked a yard of pace.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
oldun
April 25, 2017, 2:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Oakley Heath-Drury looked a decent young keeper, but maybe not ready for first team action. However it suggests to me that a new Keeper to challenge/ take over from Macca will be coming in. Whilst on the subject,  I am left wondering about Andy Warrington, I know he does a few things but I cannot see how Macca has improved in the last couple of season. Stagnated since Steve Croudson left I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Newmarinerfan
April 25, 2017, 2:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +107
Danny Andrew and Jack Keeble are both Holbeach Utd Youth players making the grade, good news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Youth team decision day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.