1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MarinerRob
April 24, 2017, 7:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Due to the late kick off for the last game of the season against Plymouth I won't be able to get there (or more to the point get home). I initially thought instead of getting the train down to Kings Cross, then across London on the Tube to Waterloo and then a train to West Byfleet that I would drive up to Kings Cross so that when I got there after the match very late I would be able to drive home. However, the last train to London from Doncaster is 20.39pm. And with Town's match not finishing until about 19.30pm there is no chance of me getting to Doncaster in time.

Pretty peeved off with that as, even though there is not likely to be anything to play for, I would like to have been at the last match of the season having been to about 16-17 home matches this year. Still, I suppose, it's a lot worse for Plymouth supporters trying to get back home. However, they have the joy of being promoted and maybe might be champions, but hopefully not at Town's expense. If they play as well as they did down in Plymouth then it should be a great match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
robborhino
April 24, 2017, 7:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
what happens when you have to accomodate TV on the last game of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
blundellpork
April 24, 2017, 8:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Hav you tried appealing for a fellow Mariner travelling to Newark or Grantham straight after the match? Would put you straight on the East Coast mainline to Kings Cross.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Les Brechin
April 24, 2017, 8:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from blundellpork
Hav you tried appealing for a fellow Mariner travelling to Newark or Grantham straight after the match? Would put you straight on the East Coast mainline to Kings Cross.

Doncaster is on the EC Mainline. Last train from Newark is 2108 which is the same train as the last one from Donny.

With a lift you would make the 2108 from Newark though,

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
blundellpork
April 24, 2017, 8:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
I realise it's the same train, but gives you an extra 29 minutes to travel an extra 20 in the car. Could just have been the difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
MarinerRob
April 24, 2017, 8:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Is there anyone driving back to Newark after the match against Plymouth? It appears to be about 1¼ to 1½ hour travelling. However, it still feels quite tight for time. If game finishes at 7.30. And maybe 1½ hour travelling giving me 8 minutes to spare. I'm sure Newark's nice but maybe a night in Cleethorpes might be an answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
newarkmariner
April 24, 2017, 8:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I will be driving straight back to Newark after the game as I do every home game,welcome to have a lift my friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Grimal
April 24, 2017, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Robin, I don't know if Sutton Mariner is travelling up for the plymouth game, you could send him a PM, I'm sure he would be more than happy to give you a lift.He's local to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Brazilnut
April 25, 2017, 3:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
could always appeal to some Plymouth fans travelling from London!!!!!

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
MarinerRob
April 25, 2017, 6:56pm
Snakebite drinker
I have just booked a room in Cleethorpes for the Saturday night so I won't miss the match. I will arrive at my normal time and then spend time around Cleethorpes revisiting places from my childhood. My family moved down to Surrey in 1966 when I was 14. Should be good. Good job I've got an understanding wife.

Thank you newarkmariner for your offer. Appreciate that. If there was more than 8 minute window to getting to the station it might have been an answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stupid Football League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.