3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
April 21, 2017, 4:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Telegraph article suggests that he wants to stay but having heard the interview it still doesn't sound especially encouraging.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
mariner91
April 21, 2017, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,539
Gold Stars: 258
If there's any chance of keeping him then we'd be mad not to, we will not get a better LB in L2. RS put a good squad together in 05/06 but Andrew is twice the player Tom Newey was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
MuddyWaters
April 21, 2017, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Mariner_09
Telegraph article suggests that he wants to stay but having heard the interview it still doesn't sound especially encouraging.

It sounded far more encouraging than the last quotes on the matter.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2017, 9:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 225
Carl Magnay March 2015 "I'd sign a contract now if the club put it in front of me" until someone put a bigger one in front of him that is.

Not comparing Magnay and Danny Andrew but remember they are "professional footballers"  and as they say when they make a move for more money "its a short career".............Unless you knuckle done and get a job afterwards.

Would love to keep him as he's a good player who's had a god season and a solid back 4 (not 3 Marcus ) will be the foundation for any success we could have.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Theimperialcoroner
April 22, 2017, 8:21am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,134
Gold Stars: 102
If Pools go down, would you have Magnay and Amond back?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
golfer
April 22, 2017, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
If Pools go down, would you have Magnay and Amond back?

Amond without a doubt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2017, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 225
[quote=40]If Pools go down, would you have Magnay and Amond back?[/quote

Just Podge

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
April 22, 2017, 8:57am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Carl Magnay March 2015 "I'd sign a contract now if the club put it in front of me" until someone put a bigger one in front of him that is.

We should have offered him a contract in March 2015 then. His performances at the time warranted it.

We still haven't learned when proven players should be offered extensions. To let players contracts run down is counter productive IMO as that player will need to be replaced, despite all the scouting in the world that replacement is an unknown quantity.

In the case of Danny Andrew, he says the club have not made him an offer yet. Put it this way, if you had a contract at your place of work which had six weeks left on it, would you be putting out feelers for a new contract elsewhere? And if you did that and found you had more lucrative options than your current contract would you seriously consider it? Danny has bills to pay like everyone else. He should have been offered a new deal and an extension around new year time.
Reply: 7 - 24
moosey_club
April 22, 2017, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,179
Gold Stars: 224
Player comments on contract to make himself look honourable shocker !!

Imagine...

With 3 games still to play for his current club , a soon to be out of contract Danny Andrew , tells the public he isnt interested in re-signing and was only using this season as a springboard to prove his fitness so he could get a better deal from a football club higher up the pyramid....

Danny confirmed.... " it was always a one year option and no intention of extending beyond that, i am better than this level but needed this move to prove my fitness, i didnt even know where Grimsby was until my agent landed me here. I am in the game for money and glory and as we have no glory here then i am after the money now .....so any clubs out there need an ever present full back come and speak to me or my agent" ....

if only Carlsberg did press releases ..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Bigdog
April 22, 2017, 9:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The one thing that should work in our favour is the location of his home near Boston and having a young family. The wages paid by most clubs in the lower tiers of the EFL don't allow for expensive relocation costs and there's not too many clubs he could realistically sign for within reasonable commuting distance.

Whether our club matches his ambition behind the scenes or is willing to pay enough to secure one of the best left backs in the league we'll find out over the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.