Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John McDermott - It's not all Black and White
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 401 Guests

John McDermott - It's not all Black and White

This thread currently has 9,124 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
topuphere666
April 16, 2017, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I've got a copy of Macca's book going spare. Whoever wants it PM me your address and I'll post out on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Teestogreen
April 16, 2017, 1:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Pages 186-191 are quite interesting.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
dapperz fun pub
April 16, 2017, 2:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Teestogreen
Pages 186-191 are quite interesting.

I haven't read it so why are they interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
jonnyboy82
April 16, 2017, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
PM sent.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
topuphere666
April 16, 2017, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Hi guys. Mariner Timsky contacted me first. Maybe he will pass it on when he's finished with it.

Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
TheRealJohnLewis
April 16, 2017, 2:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I haven't read it so why are they interesting

Macca talking about his contract renewals when Slade arrived, and even though he won 7 awards at the POTY awards, his wages offered went from £650 a week to £300 a week, making him one of the lowest paid pros, only just above the youth at the club.  Macca says that the last 2 years he played for the fans for very little money.  

It's not a dig at Slade, more at Fenty from Macca and IMHO can be related to why a few players left last season, Arnold, Amond, Toto etc, and a warning to expect the worst with Pearson, Collins and Andrew.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
dapperz fun pub
April 16, 2017, 2:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Macca talking about his contract renewals when Slade arrived, and even though he won 7 awards at the POTY awards, his wages offered went from £650 a week to £300 a week, making him one of the lowest paid pros, only just above the youth at the club.  Macca says that the last 2 years he played for the fans for very little money.  

It's not a dig at Slade, more at Fenty from Macca and IMHO can be related to why a few players left last season, Arnold, Amond, Toto etc, and a warning to expect the worst with Pearson, Collins and Andrew.

What a way to treat a Grimsby legend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
blundellpork
April 16, 2017, 3:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 31
Contrast that contract with the one that Lennie offered him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
Teestogreen
April 16, 2017, 3:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20

Excellent summary - spot on i,m,o. Collins (at 36?) should be the signing / player of the year but will this be recognised in terms of retaining him for next season?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Cayman_mariner
April 16, 2017, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483

That's the one thing that really shocked me and always stuck in my memory after reading that book.  Make me always wonder, when we lose players, about whats really happening that we don't know of behind the scenes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John McDermott - It's not all Black and White

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.