April 14, 2017, 5:47pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from RoboCod
Last time I went Tony Rees had one of his psychotic episodes and saw red.

Yeah we was 3-1 up after the first leg and he got himself sent off after 3 minutes  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
Spidey
April 14, 2017, 6:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
Not sure who at fault but macca and andrew having huge argument

They kissed and made up at the final whistle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
forza ivano
April 14, 2017, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Last time I went to cov we went top of the championship with Johnny row an scoring (whatever happened to him?), strachan got sacked and England beat the germans 5-1.those were the days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
chicaneuk
April 14, 2017, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from RoboCod

The game at Coventry will probably be the opening game and you'll be in Spain/Greece/wherever  

Haha.. that would be about par for the course! I am on holiday in August as well.. I'd be livid if it falls on the weekend I'm away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
KingstonMariner
April 14, 2017, 9:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
Last time I went to cov we went top of the championship with Johnny row an scoring (whatever happened to him?), strachan got sacked and England beat the germans 5-1.those were the days!

That was the day we beat Barnsley at home in one of the few 2nd tier games not postponed for the international games. And it was Jevons who scored at Coventry (think Rowan scored the winner v Barnsley).

Strachan was sacked though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
April 14, 2017, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
We're five points off the playoffs with four to play.  We clawed back two points today.

In a way, I'm a bit angry that the previous regime gave up on the playoffs so easily and early, and started using the matches as an early pre-season, because all it would have taken would have been to hang on to our leads in the Accrington and Crawley (or any other two) games and we'd be within a point and on a run.

We are all thinking the same I am sure and I think it was the beginning of the end for Bignot when it was obvious he was not taking reaching the play offs seriously enough.

What was he thinking, and why was he thinking it?? The directors may have said 50 points or thereabouts was their initial aim, but not their sole aim surely?

His team beat Plymouth and Carlisle away, Mansfield at home so he must have known the standard wasn't great in the play off chase, so why give up? Why didn't he play a settled team and go for it? In professional sport winning is everything, so no wonder the players were a bit unnerved.

I still cannot get my head around it. His first major managerial job, in or around the play -offs when he arrived and he didn't seem bothered about reaching them. Almost as if he didn't want success except when, or until all traces of the old regime had been erased.

Only Marcus Bignot will know why he acted as he did, but it will be forever a mystery.  
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.