lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Cheers for that. It wasn't actually what I listened to which was a short piece in the Burnsy show, but he came across well in that too.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
MarinerMal
April 12, 2017, 12:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Slade "It's not a short term contract..."

So much for 6 month rolling contracts being the future...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
moosey_club
April 12, 2017, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Well done to Nigel Lowther for raising the elephant in the room regards how Slade left last time, which clearly wasnt appreciated by JF.  

At least we now know..... both parties had a part to play and the timing of the negotiations was wrong.....apparently.

Slade mentioned the structure again.....certainly seems a hot topic amongst managers these days doesnt it ?

Also mentioned tough decisions to make on some of the squad but thats his job to make them......i guess a few of those out of contract wont be getting a renewal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
chaos33
April 12, 2017, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I don't really care about what people thought of the press conference, or even really too much about what happened here with Slade over 10 years ago. I care about the football and about results.

Slade is a knowledgeable, proven, experienced manager, time served at levels above this one, with very promising contacts, and Wilkinson has impressive credentials too. I hope we can move on with the emotion, and the slatings and the bitterness and get on with the job.

At least we might expect to see some semblance of a football method in our games, if not immediately then next season. A pragmatic system. Some sense and logic in the selections and a sense of 'buy in', trust and respect from the players, and, a manager in control, in whom you can have faith and who actually knows what he's doing.

I think the club have made good decisions in this last week. Controversial maybe, but every reason to feel positive I'd say.
UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
forza ivano
April 12, 2017, 1:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
thanks Ginny - delighted to hear the phrase 'unfinished business'- BINGO!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
moosey_club
April 12, 2017, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
While the subject of why MB was removed was pretty much chopped off at the knee's i felt the following snippets were interesting;

RS -  his brief is top 7 next season -  MB was quite clearly of the opinion that the structure of the club is weak and needs strengthening to support it going forward and spoke of "the project". In his parting interview he also stated he thought he had time.  Obviously in the 6 months he has been at the club something has changed dramatically as JF seemed supportive of that view initially. We started the season with Hurst & JF saying remaining a League 2 club was a priority, MB's appointment was the same with us being able to consolidate...now its top 7 next season !!  Quite a sea change.

JF - Like a breath of fresh air   -   didnt take long for the air to go stale did it ? I presume MB doesnt suffer from halitosis so i imagine MB's constant chat of Listen, technical ability, structure,S&C coach has worn JF down while RS is immediately more ambitious, referring back to his previous stint as first year laying foundations for the second year promotion push.

JF - RS the man to take us forward -  erratic performances, erratic selections and perhaps MB's longer term plans just didnt add up in the end and give the board enough faith in MB.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
Jaws
April 12, 2017, 1:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Jaws
Could you imagine if it's totally unrelated. Something like "Youngs have extended their deal" or "ST prices frozen for next year".  

Well this morning was a disappointment. Gathering round the wireless for something we already knew  
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
arryarryarry
April 12, 2017, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
To be fair to JF he suggested that MB said some players would be leaving and that didn't happen and we are left with 31 players which is too many especially when some that MB brought in haven't really improved us.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
HertsGTFC
April 12, 2017, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
I don't really care about what people thought of the press conference, or even really too much about what happened here with Slade over 10 years ago. I care about the football and about results.

Slade is a knowledgeable, proven, experienced manager, time served at levels above this one, with very promising contacts, and Wilkinson has impressive credentials too. I hope we can move on with the emotion, and the slatings and the bitterness and get on with the job.

At least we might expect to see some semblance of a football method in our games, if not immediately then next season. A pragmatic system. Some sense and logic in the selections and a sense of 'buy in', trust and respect from the players, and, a manager in control, in whom you can have faith and who actually knows what he's doing.

I think the club have made good decisions in this last week. Controversial maybe, but every reason to feel positive I'd say.
UTM

100% agree with Chaos on this!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Press Conference 10 am Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.