8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 11, 2017, 1:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
press conference should be interesting. we could have a decent game of cliche bingo - wonder how long we'll get into the conference before we hear the words 'unfinished business' and 'great fans' ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from forza ivano
press conference should be interesting. we could have a decent game of cliche bingo - wonder how long we'll get into the conference before we hear the words 'unfinished business' and 'great fans' ?

IF he wins the next 5 games he may be able to put right what he got wrong in 2006
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
April 11, 2017, 1:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

Don't worry about it FI: football makes cynics of us all, eventually.  
Reply: 22 - 78
GrimRob
April 11, 2017, 1:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
It's obviously going to be Slade, he was clearly approached prior to all this, and a couple of token days to give the appearance of finding a "replacement".

I was desperate for him to come back in 2009, less so now. Hopefully, he still has the hunger to manage and is not just after another pay cheque. At least we'll have a coherent strategy after the scattergun approach of the last few months.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 78
grimsby pete
April 11, 2017, 1:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Lets remember the good bits about Slade,

We beat a full strength Spurs and only a cut lip Shearer beat us in the next round,

Gary Jones, Reddy, Rob Jones, Mildenhall Whittle and few other good signings,

Lets look on the bright side guys.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
April 11, 2017, 2:07pm
Guest User
John McDermott as number 2 is what I am hearing
Reply: 25 - 78
oldun
April 11, 2017, 2:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Nice bloke, good servant as a player, but Assistant at Harogate and lately at Clee Town. Progress? I think not. Popular?  probably. Available and cheap? Probably. Ambitious?. Definately no. Oh well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
Mariner_09
April 11, 2017, 2:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Macca would go down very well with me as No. 2, he's GTFC through and through and he'd be desperate to be assistant for a couple of years at Town and take over eventually. His heart would certainly be in the right place and I'd trust Slade to nurture him and make him more experienced.

I don't see much of a future for about 196 of our midfielders though. Maybe Dis' Town career might last a bit longer, Will he he give Venney et al a go? Do Luke Summerfield, Rhys Browne, Sean McAllister and Josh Gowling possibly have a future?  

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
April 11, 2017, 2:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
Nice bloke, good servant as a player, but Assistant at Harogate and lately at Clee Town. Progress? I think not. Popular?  probably. Available and cheap? Probably. Ambitious?. Definately no. Oh well

Why would you for one minute suggest that Macca isin't ambitious? Just because he hasn't taken a significant role yet since being a player?

Maybe he has just been biding his time waiting for the right opportunity

Reply: 28 - 78
headingly_mariner
April 11, 2017, 2:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
What sort of professional outfit announces a new manager before anyone has fronted up and explained why the last one was sacked?

Have the trust said anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Press Conference 10 am Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.