1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 12:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings

Been told the same. 99% certain the source said. Guess that still leaves 1% of doubt and i'm clinging to that.  

hehe post of the week mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
OllieGTFC
April 11, 2017, 12:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
To be fair it wouldn't be the worst appointment we have made in the past and he didn't exactly do a bad job here did he ? Ok yeah he did the dirty on us but let's put in the past and least he knows the league well and we won't be getting relegated

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
AdamHaddock
April 11, 2017, 12:15pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
Please don't let it be another in house, cheap appointment

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
malkamalka
April 11, 2017, 12:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Sky now saying it's to confirm Slade. So they might as well do it now, let the fans get the moaning over ready to support Slade and the team on Friday!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 12:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
Sky now saying it's to confirm Slade. So they might as well do it now, let the fans get the moaning over ready to support Slade and the team on Friday!

Well then the Club need to issue a statement NOW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 12:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I'm not exactly thrilled with the thought of Slade, but i'm not suicidal over it either. He is a capable manager and we are in a bit of a pickle at present. If this appointment had been made when we were in serious relegation trouble last time, then it would have made sense to me, but we are in a strong position, much as we were when MB came in and i am unsure as to what the remit is for him. Is he just here to guide us through the rest of the season, or is he the long term future? Is it his reputation for building decent sides on shoestring budgets that is the attraction to the board? Do we see him as the man to take us forward up the leagues and into the new stadium? I suppose these things will come out at the press conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 12:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm not exactly thrilled with the thought of Slade, but i'm not suicidal over it either. He is a capable manager and we are in a bit of a pickle at present. If this appointment had been made when we were in serious relegation trouble last time, then it would have made sense to me, but we are in a strong position, much as we were when MB came in and i am unsure as to what the remit is for him. Is he just here to guide us through the rest of the season, or is he the long term future? Is it his reputation for building decent sides on shoestring budgets that is the attraction to the board? Do we see him as the man to take us forward up the leagues and into the new stadium? I suppose these things will come out at the press conference.

Im with you I don`t really want Slade but in all honesty he ticks most if not all of our boxes and an imaginative no 2 alongside with a long term view of him eventually taking over and RS becoming director of football would probabaly suit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
April 11, 2017, 12:57pm
Guest User
I am happy to welcome Russell Slade as our new manager.  Ok, he has not won anything, but that applies to many more managers too.  I very much doubt we could afford to employ those top managers who have a habit of winning promotions with the clubs they manage.

Whether you like him or not, he almost got us automatic promotion in 2005/06 when only a late equalizer for Northampton in the last game of the season gave that 3rd promotion spot to Leyton Orient.  He also did a brilliant job at Yeovil, getting them to the play-off final and being voted League 1 Manager of the Year.

I don't see him as a journeyman manager, but one with lots of experience in the lower Leagues and will back him fully as manager of Grimsby Town.

To those of you who state they will rip up their season tickets if Slade is appointed, good riddance, you are obviously not a supporter of Grimsby Town!
Reply: 17 - 78
forza ivano
April 11, 2017, 1:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
just spoke to orient season ticket holding mate who couldn't speak highly enough of him. the italian chairman got rid of him after he bought the club from hearn and it's been downhill ever since. pragmatic, tactically astute and well organised were mentioned. bit of hoofball, but only when the circumstances dictated it, but equally played some lovely stuff when they got the chance. bought good players in and improved the average ones that were already there.
needles to say they'd have back in a flash!

more stuff here

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic16362.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
Cloudy
April 11, 2017, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Paul Wilkinson as his assistant

Wonder who the S&C coach will be?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Press Conference 10 am Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.