Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread. Town vs Yorkies.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 119 Guests

Match Thread. Town vs Yorkies.

This thread currently has 12,666 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
April 1, 2017, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Rick12 I'll have a pint of what you've had. Bignot is making a massive rod for his own back. You say you like his passion do you mean patter?

Hurst had many faults but would possibly have picked a team to avoid defeat at least today. Bignot is playing Champ Manager with supporters ticket money.
Listen to how Bignott usually comes across in interviews? more passion for me  .I agree you cant win it on passion alone but its a big factor in football be it manager or player.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
Abdul19
April 1, 2017, 3:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,503
Gold Stars: 215
Must be a while since we lost by such a margin at home. Rochdale on NYD 2007?

I thought we'd lose today but a score like that is embarrassing.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
Badger57
April 1, 2017, 3:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
How many of  "those little 1%'s" would we have needed to beat Donny today then Marcus?
Pass him a calculator,  might need it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
LH
April 1, 2017, 4:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Even the most critical of Hurst would surely love the consistency and defensive solidity we had under him back after today - even if he isn't as "passionate" (FFS!) as Biggy Bullshit.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
Bigdog
April 1, 2017, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Didn't really deserve to be in front, but what a smashing goal. Completely crumbled defensively after going in front. It's so frustrating to see Pearson and Collins on the bench when we are playing top of the league.

I'm not defending the defenders out there today.. but Pearson and Collins were the pairing that played in the 5-0 and 4-0 hammerings away to Crewe and Portsmouth and the 3-0 defeat at home to Exeter.

There are fundamental problems at the club that lay deeper than team selection at the minute..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
April 1, 2017, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,650
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Rick12
No just want him to do well thats all as I like his passion.Has more of it than Hurst ever did?

Passion means b*****r all. A philosophy is what you need more than anything. And a good eye for a player and plenty of tactical nous. Passion is a thing that some people possess more than others but it is in no way a barometer as to how good a person is at their job.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
Rick12
April 1, 2017, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker

Passion means b*****r all. A philosophy is what you need more than anything. And a good eye for a player and plenty of tactical nous. Passion is a thing that some people possess more than others but it is in no way a barometer as to how good a person is at their job.
Can help motivate players though in the dressing room  ?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
April 1, 2017, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,650
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Rick12
Can help motivate players though in the dressing room  ?

Well if he is using "passion" in his half time team talks its not working is it? We have been absolutely shocking in the majority of second halves kicking towards the pontoon. I think the players spend the first 20 mins of the second half trying to remember what position/formation/instructions they are to follow. These are 4th division players. Keep it simple, passion or no passion!
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
Rick12
April 1, 2017, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker

Well if he is using "passion" in his half time team talks its not working is it? We have been absolutely shocking in the majority of second halves kicking towards the pontoon. I think the players spend the first 20 mins of the second half trying to remember what position/formation/instructions they are to follow. These are 4th division players. Keep it simple, passion or no passion!
Fair point I agree.You do need other things beside passion eg Conte from what I have loosely gathered  and Alex Ferguson as prime examples eg both have passion and nous for the game

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
Abdul19
April 1, 2017, 6:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,503
Gold Stars: 215
Maybe Mike Newell aside, I can't think of any manager who doesn't have 'passion'.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread. Town vs Yorkies.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.